Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
vickimon

Drives: TRD Turbo M
My Vitz (Kompressor)

Hi team!

My name is Vicki, I'm from NZ.

I'm a total car enthusiast and I have just joined the toyota scene by way of acquiring what I believe to be quite an interesting wee car!

So, as you will see in the photos..

Engine and running gear:

1.3L 2NZFE with a Jimze supercharger kit.
It is sporting a 1.5 way LSD that I could be best described as the closest thing you can get to a locked diff in a front wheel drive.
Close ratio gearbox with short shifter and what feels like some pretty hefty shifter bushings/linkage.
It's running adjustables in the front.

Interior:

It is running a supercharged fuel controller on what I can only guess is a standard ECU (but I could be wrong).
DEFI gauges with control box and custom carbon dash.

Exterior and handling:

It has what looks to be a motorbike muffler on the back (sounds pretty decent under acceleration! and almost silent on idle) and luckily for me being in NZ, it is certed for all of its modifications.

It handles like a go-kart and I am super impressed with how much torque it has for a 1.3L (thank you boost!).

But the thing that has got me, as you will also see in photos, is that my little vitz has a full body kit branded with Kolnes everywhere (unlike anything I have seen before on a vitz in NZ) and it was registered when imported as a 'vitz kompressor'.

So, I have a few questions:

Does anyone know anything about this Kolnes/have you seen it before/is it common outside of my part of the world?
Did they make different "euro sport" models like this one?
Is it completely aftermarket or is it connected to Japanese manufacturers?
Can I get replacement parts for the body kit etc or will I have to revert back to TRD or OEM vitz if I damage it in any way?
Do you think this "kompressor" title some how just came about or is it used commonly?

Oh! And if anyone could suggest spoiler options for my vitz I would be very grateful. I would love to be able to find something similar to the crazy hornet style or in a similar shape to the EK9 type R.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I'm excited to be part of the toyota world

TL;DR This is my vitz, if you've seen one like it - can you give me some info? :)
vickimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Welcome. You've got an exceptionally nice Vitz there!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #3
vickimon

Drives: TRD Turbo M
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post

Thanks dude! I'm absolutely in love with it, I just wish I could find out more about it! (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vickimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
+1
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
You do realize that the green and yellow V-shaped Wakaba/shoshinsha decal on the back of your car indicates you have had a full license for less than a year or are still a beginner driver, right?

I see people with them on Japanese cars here in the States all the time, but I don't think the owners realize what they signify.

Otherwise, nice Vitz my Kiwi friend!

Cheers! M2
Old 10-13-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
You do realize that the green and yellow V-shaped Wakaba/shoshinsha decal on the back of your car indicates you have had a full license for less than a year or are still a beginner driver, right?
Being the Ultimate Sleeper...

Love the 1st gens.. Looks good, but if I knew any better, I believe this is just 1 man making a clean looking yaris. Never heard of the Kolnes anything.
Kompressor is a Mercedes thing... Owner probably used it to signify his supercharger.. I never heard or seen Toyota use that. I could be wrong...
I think this is all aftermarket stuff

Tags
kompressor, supercharged, vitz