Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Which options are dealer installed?

I realize option packages like the power package and cold weather package are factory installed options, but what's installed by the dealer? Are options like the rear spoiler, driver's side arm rest, rear bumper protector, dash light kit, etc, dealer installed and how can I find out which are which?
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
you can get all of that installed by the dealer however it will be much cheaper for you to buy the parts from a vendor and install yourself

the dealer will put any toyota accessory items you want on the car including a leather package
Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
you can get all of that installed by the dealer however it will be much cheaper for you to buy the parts from a vendor and install yourself

the dealer will put any toyota accessory items you want on the car including a leather package
I guess I'm looking to find out which items are normally factory installed and which are normally dealer installed.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
well, I would say when I was car shopping in my area I say a ton of auto and convenience package in several color options with maybe an armrest or a tip already installed

very few autos with 7 spoke wheels and few with power options neither of which I was interestd in
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I guess I'm looking to find out which items are normally factory installed and which are normally dealer installed.
Items that are listed as accessories are dealer installed, if they are listed as options they are factory installed.... some can be both like the spoilier, it can be ordered as an option with the vehicle new or can be added later as an accessory