Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #55
Eduardo_mty

sorry for my english

Im owned the New 2015 Toyota yaris. And i saw this DIY And i think is possible to do it.

My car is 5 speed manual transmisión, And need to install clutch switch, And stale.

If i upload pictures here, some with knowladge Will helpme.
Eduardo_mty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #56
Eduardo_mty

This is one pictures from steering wheel
I think the White connector(unpluged) Will be where i will connect the stalk

Eduardo_mty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #57
mostafa67
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyta Yaris sedan
need help :)

hello everybody :) am Mostafa From Egypt and I have a Toyota Yaris 4 doors sedan 1.3 litres with engine 2NZ-FE , i was wondering if my ECU supports this cruise control kit or not and if yes where can i buy it online i mean the link i can but from it and how much is it or where can i buy it from California as there's a friend of mine there can buy it for me and send it and the ECU code is (89661-52B70 ) sorry for talking too much and thanks for help :)
mostafa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #58
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Is there a link with price info for the CC for a '08 Yaris w/a manual trans? Wouldn't mind buying one from Scott in the spring
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #59
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Is there a link with price info for the CC for a '08 Yaris w/a manual trans? Wouldn't mind buying one from Scott in the spring
Shoot me a PM when you are ready. I don't post pricing, as each time I buy a batch of parts the price seems to change one way or the other.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #60
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Thanks Scott, I'll PM you in the spring
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #61
Sdelliott

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Thank you CTScott. Installed in my 08 hatchback NP.
Sdelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #62
Secretblend

Drives: 2009 Yaris
CTScott, Thanks for all the help and sending the parts. Got them installed and working great today!
Secretblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #63
Wincharger

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Just did my 07 hatchback, took 2 hours. Only problem, the butt connector was too small for the third wire from the LED and the eye ring was also too small for the bolt shown in the instructions. Other than that I have cruise for $93 with the LED indicator. Awesome considering I've known of and owned a Yaris for about 9 days.
Wincharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #64
masterpipo1
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2007 W/O Power
Hi !

i did every step for the cruise control stalk, i didnt do any wiring yet cause i dont know if i need to do it.

In the tutorial, they said that i need to look at the D3 Connector here what my panel look like

I think that my D3 connector is no 1. if not , can you guys tell me which connector i need to look at. On this connector , i see the pink and blue wire,i dont see any black wire.

i dont know what is the steering column wire but on the D3 connect, it look like the previous owner of the car cut a remove a wire ( i circled it in red), and i dont know if the white wire sold where the no.2 is , was connected on the D3 Connector.

I dont know what is no.3 black box either. here's what written on the top of that black box.

[IMG][/IMG]

I alos took a picture of where the black box wires are going, but i can't see where they end up.

[IMG][/IMG]

I tried the cruise control switch on the road but i didnt work. The horn's working so i dont think its the cruise control stalk connector.

Can you guys help me out on this please.

thanks you !
masterpipo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #65
masterpipo1
I've made a post!

Hi there,

i'm doing a DIY Cruise Control install, im at the step to run to ECM A21 conector pin 40 to the D3 Connector. My problem is dont really know wheres my D3 is located. Here's a picture of my panel .

I think it's the number one 1., but it dont look like the same as in the tutorial.

There's a wire at no.2 , i dont know what this for, i a saw a black box no.3 also. I dont know if it's the previous owner who wiring this.

Can you help me out , thanks you. !

Last edited by masterpipo1; 07-25-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #66
masterpipo1
I've made a post!

Hi there,

im doing an DIY Cruise Control installation on my Yaris 2007 Sedan (w/o power) automatic.

Im in the step that a i've to wire ECM A21 Connector 41 pin to the D3 Connector. The problem is i can't find my D3 connector.

Here's a photo of my control panel :

and a closer one :

i think it the no.1 but i'm not quite sure, cause in the tutorial, it's says that i've to look at a black wire, but i dont see any black wire alone.

I've install the cruise control stalk, i went on the road to try the cruise control but it didnt work. My horn's working so i guess the steering wheel connector is okay.

On number 2. in the picture, there's a white coming out from a bunch of wire directly connected (solder) to a yellow wire, i dont know if this is why it doesn't work. And on the no1 connected, i've circle a spot , there's a pin there but i dont know if it's that white wire that has been caught by the previous owner...

and that yellow wire is connected to a black box (no.3 on the picture) , and i dont know what this black box for. Here's what you can see on the top of that black box.

and here's where those wires goes. I dont know where they end up.

Can you help me out on this ?

Thanks a lot !
Old 07-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #67
masterpipo1
I've made a post!

Hi there,

im doing an DIY Cruise Control installation on my Yaris 2007 Sedan (w/o power) automatic.

Im in the step that a i've to wire ECM A21 Connector 41 pin to the D3 Connector. The problem is i can't find my D3 connector.

Here's a photo of my control panel :

and a closer one :

i think it the no.1 but i'm not quite sure, cause in the tutorial, it's says that i've to look at a black wire, but i dont see any black wire alone.

I've install the cruise control stalk, i went on the road to try the cruise control but it didnt work. My horn's working so i guess the steering wheel connector is okay.

On number 2. in the picture, there's a white coming out from a bunch of wire directly connected (solder) to a yellow wire, i dont know if this is why it doesn't work. And on the no1 connected, i've circle a spot , there's a pin there but i dont know if it's that white wire that has been caught by the previous owner...

and that yellow wire is connected to a black box (no.3 on the picture) , and i dont know what this black box for. Here's what you can see on the top of that black box.

and here's where those wires goes. I dont know where they end up.

Can you help me out on this ?

Thanks a lot !
Old 07-31-2015, 11:17 PM   #68
ttpmurphy

Drives: White 2011 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Bought the parts from CTScott for a 2011 toyota yaris sedan, power package, automatic. Parts arrived very fast. Worked great! To clarify the guide, the only thing you need for my same car configuration is the control stalk, wire harness (connects cruise control and horn to rest of car), and 2 screws. No need for the D3 stuff like the guide says.

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4jufdp0gb...I0EfMPWuFQ-vta
ttpmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 AM   #69
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpmurphy View Post
Bought the parts from CTScott for a 2011 toyota yaris sedan, power package, automatic. Parts arrived very fast. Worked great! To clarify the guide, the only thing you need for my same car configuration is the control stalk, wire harness (connects cruise control and horn to rest of car), and 2 screws. No need for the D3 stuff like the guide says.

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4jufdp0gb...I0EfMPWuFQ-vta
Correct - For a 2011 Sedan with power you do not need to make the D3 connections as they will already be complete.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:08 AM   #70
CTScott
ULTIMATE

masterpipo1 - Those are the same pictures (and for some reason you posted them three times) as what you PMed me. As I told you in the PM you are looking in the wrong place for connector D3. Again, as I stated in the PM - Look at my cruise control DIY for simple instructions on how to remove the lower steering column cover to access D3: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750

Also, I don't know what that floating relay is for in your pictures, but the twisted bare wire is not a safe thing to have under your dash.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #71
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
Scott...i sent you a pm
Old 09-25-2015, 06:49 AM   #72
metalshark
MetalShark

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Hi Scott. I installed the Rostra cruise on my 2008 Yaris. I have a 2012 automatic Yaris now. I have a stalk for it. Has anyone done a 2012 yet.
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote