Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
rjh0116
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Noisey fan

I recently took my 2007 Yaris to the local dealership to check out the noise when my fan is running as it is still under warranty. They informed me that it is most likely a leaf stuck in the blower which they would have to charge to remove. This morning I removed the glove box and found no leaf or debris in/near the blower. The noise is not constant and often changes when on a different speed/level. Any suggestions as what may be wrong with it? Take it back to the dealership?
rjh0116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
If you did not find anything there, then it probably is the blower bearing or the housing is coming in contact with the blower. Possibity of filter material getting in there as well if you're using one. Either way warranty will cover the issue. This dealer is jerking you around-find another dealer or speak to the service manager at this one.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote