Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #19
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
It's a good looking car. Reminds me of the Matrix. 1.2L is great for saving gas. Have fun.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:08 AM   #20
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
It's a good looking car. Reminds me of the Matrix. 1.2L is great for saving gas. Have fun.
Exactly! First time I saw this model, I thought "Honey, I shrunk the Matrix"

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #21
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Sneaking in a few mods here and there too ;) Some lovely Philips LED parking lights
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Operation: Go Tuck Yourself!

"Before" and "during" pictures unfortunately missing, but imagine 3 USB cords and an audio patch cable hanging around, getting intertwined in the gear shifter and generally being a nuisance...

I recently bought some flat cables of varying lengths, and earlier tonight set out to find out if the interior of this car can be pulled apart as easily as the old one. The answer is a resounding yes! A few firm pulls on the corners of the radio surround and under the AC controls, and off the panels popped! Same for the A-pillar trim.

So, I was able to hide the charging cable for the dashcam, up the A-pillar and under the front of the headliner, as well as hiding the audio cable and other phone charging cables. Much better!
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #23
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Nice; gotta eliminate as many tangled wires as possible.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Wow, I have not updated this thread in a while!

To be fair, in June last year, I got a sexy Volvo V60 as a new daily driver, and my future brother-in-law borrowed the Yaris for a while. But since both my GF and myself need to commute everyday now, we got the Yaris back at the end of last year. Of course, she daily-drives the Volvo But it also means I have permission to make some light modifications to this car!

The first ting I did, on the very last day of 2019, is a wheel alignment and front bumper modification... A litttle too fast around a very slimy muddy corner, jumped over the curb and bounced off a tree!

Thankfully the damage was actually minor, just body panels and suspension. Insurance covered it, and a month later, it was good as new :)
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-08-2020, 01:55 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

The problem with daily-driving a relatively fancy car like my Volvo, then going back to a super-basic Yaris, is that you start to miss the bells and whistles and nice little comfortable touches of the bigger car... So I started to plan out some upgrades for this car, to make it a bit more up-to-date. Starting with lighting. There are stock projectors, but using plain ol' halogen bulbs. These have since been replaced by a Philips LED kit, which is pretty much as close to OEM as it gets (not too bright, not too blue, and perfect alignment out of the box). Also swapped the turn indicators and reverse lights for some generic LEDs. I also replaced the horn with the aftermarket one I had on the 2006 Yaris, much better than the toy-like meep meep!
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-08-2020, 02:06 AM   #26
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

As for future plans, well... Since the 2006 Yaris is quite dismantled and won't be back up and running for a while, I will borrow its wheels, with some new tires :) After the crash last year, I have a strong distrust for the "eco" tires...

Then it will be mostly interior improvements: Big-screen Android-based headunit, 360-degree camera setup, some subtle lighting, maybe some proper Recaro seats if I can find some second-hand ones cheap... stay tuned!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #27
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Ouch! That sucks about the brush with the tree.
Headlights are looking good though!

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #28
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

It's been super dusty the past few months, but finally got the car a good wash and wax today
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-30-2020, 05:13 AM   #29
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Since I'm planning to upgrade the red Yaris to 17" wheels? why not use my nice lightweight 15" on this car?

The wheel gap looks comical, though, will need to do something about that
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...