Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I want my Covid vaccine

I want my Covid vaccine because I’m 64 years old and I have Parkinson’s. If I get Covid and it’s serious I could wind up in the nursing home. Ahead of time.

So I heard pharmacies like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid are going to give us the vaccine. So I called him up and said “how do I sign up to get in line for the vaccine? “

None of them knew. There is no plan who gets the vaccine and when they get it. I’ve heard healthcare workers and the residents of nursing homes are first in line. The pharmacies don’t even know when they’re going to get the vaccine and what the protocol is for who gets it when and why.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think the first two rounds (since the first round will not be enough) will go to the front line health workers. I believe 18-64 year olds are at the bottom of the list.

My suggestion would be to keep washing your hands properly, and if you do go out, just go out for essentials, and bring some hand sanitizer. Use it frequently, especially every time before you touch your phone or your face, and after you handle any money. Sanitize your phone when you get home. If possible, any purchases made online and delivered, let sit away from you (so in the garage, etc) for a week before fully handling. Keep wearing your mask, and make sure anyone you plan on speaking to wears theirs.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
bronsin

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing all along. And without a vaccine the only option open to me. Of course even with the vaccine it might not work so you still have to take precautions
Old 12-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing all along. And without a vaccine the only option open to me. Of course even with the vaccine it might not work so you still have to take precautions
Yup. I'm doing the same thing. I even wipe down the table and chair I sit at during breaks at work every time I go there to sit down; even if people look at me like I'm crazy.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
Nu18F

Drives: 2011 Yaris
FWIW , my son is an ICU travel nurse and has been out of state working for months. He just left to come back home for two weeks, one day before the state he was in got the vaccine. He can't get the vaccine here and is hoping there will be a dose available from the first shipment when he returns to work in early January.
Nu18F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #6
bronsin

My wife works in a doctors office so today she went to get her vaccine. It was the Moderna one.

It took two hours and she said you would not be able to physically handle what they put you through going from room to room and in and out of the building.

One of my friends has a son who is a medic which is one step above the EMT he got his shot a week ago but recently took care of several people with Covid and now he has it. He is laid low, but still at home and hopefully will recover there.

I’m thinking even if you get the vaccine you still have to be really careful!

Old 01-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #7
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
A week isnt enough to build the antibody, it is estimated to take about 17 days.
And full effect is first 14 days after second dose you get 4 weeks after the first shot.
So about 45 days from first shot until you can lower the parades.
This is for the moderna, PB is a little shorter time if you get the second shot exactly after 21 days.

But now we have the british B117 mutation in Denmark and it is really scary if you look at how it has exploded in Ireland.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #8
bronsin

Really scary indeed!

Of course most people recover quickly from it without problems.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
Mister

Drives: Yaris T1
Quote:
My wife works in a doctors office so today she went to get her vaccine. It was the Moderna one.

It took two hours and she said you would not be able to physically handle what they put you through going from room to room and in and out of the building.

One of my friends has a son who is a medic which is one step above the EMT he got his shot a week ago but recently took care of several people with Covid and now he has it. He is laid low, but still at home and hopefully will recover there.

I’m thinking even if you get the vaccine you still have to be really careful!

Make sure you both get tested for HIV / AIDS 6 weeks from the vaccine
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:07 PM   #10
MugenRep
iQ innovator & researcher

Drives: 2012 iQ
I had my first vaccination and go for my second on Saturday. I work in the health field. Our hospital has been giving Moderna. So far, the second dosage seems to cause you to feel ill for about a day. Another fellow was out three days post second vaccination, so everybody has different reactions.

Demand and supply can't seem to keep up for the lack of planning the previous administration performed. We got word our next delivery in February will include an extra 17% to accommodate falling short this month.
MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #11
Jeremy Murdock

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenRep View Post
I had my first vaccination and go for my second on Saturday. I work in the health field. Our hospital has been giving Moderna. So far, the second dosage seems to cause you to feel ill for about a day. Another fellow was out three days post second vaccination, so everybody has different reactions.

Demand and supply can't seem to keep up for the lack of planning the previous administration performed. We got word our next delivery in February will include an extra 17% to accommodate falling short this month.
As a health service worker what do you think the most effective vaccine is?
Jeremy Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #12
bronsin

I got my Covid shot today. It was at the Blackwood community college mega site. Johnson and Johnson. That’s a New Jersey. Everything went like clockwork it was amazing how everything was coordinated

I hope the new strains of Covid don’t make the vaccination obsolete!
Old 04-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #13
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
I got my Covid shot today. It was at the Blackwood community college mega site. Johnson and Johnson. That’s a New Jersey. Everything went like clockwork it was amazing how everything was coordinated

I hope the new strains of Covid don’t make the vaccination obsolete!
Excellent news! The more the merrier, everybody get out there and get the shot(s). They say it is the key to the return of normalcy. I got mine but I'm still abnormal.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:14 PM   #14
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
As of April 1st, I'm fully vaccinated (Pfizer). Suffered side effects from the first shot and more from the second.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:05 PM   #15
bronsin

So far no soreness, no infect at all.

But there’s always tomorrow!
Old 04-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #16
Kaotic Lazagna

Just because you don't experience any body responses towards the vaccine doesn't mean it is not working. So don't think it's useless ;)
Old 04-11-2021, 03:19 AM   #17
bronsin

A I don’t doubt it will work, just thankful I don’t have to suffer any ill effects.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #18
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
Congrats.
I am still waiting here in Denmark.
My father at 79 got his first shot last week with moderna, no side effects at all.
My mother 75 get first shot at friday, pfizer.

According to the plan I (49) will be noticed for booking between 3-16 may, but i dont know i that holds if AZ remains suspended.
But then if we say no thanks to AZ if they start to use it again, nobody knows how long we shall wait.
EU has really handled the buy of vaccines really bad.