Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #1
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
Can Moisture be absorbed through brake fluid cap?

I clean my engine bay with water every so often. I've done it for years with no issues.

A few months ago I replaced the brake fluid with Lucas dot 4. I couldn't get the back bleeders out so I managed to get as much fluid as I can out of the resevior and front bleeders.

I used one of those pen led fluid level, which gives me inaccurate readings.

I plan on buying a better reader but is it possible for water to get in through the vent valve on the cap?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Absolutely possible. I don’t know what you mean by “clean the engine bay with water“ but you’re playing with fire if you’re spraying down the engine with degreaser and hosing it off.

If it was OK to spray water in the engine compartment they wouldn’t put a hood on the car!