Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Drives: White YRX 5DR Hatchback 2006
Remote Keyless Question ~

Hey Guys,

Problem ~

I went out with my room mates for dinner today and was parking the car ~ I parked next to a light pole.....and a white pole thing (I'm guessing it was a electricity pole or something like that) ~

I get out of my car.....and press the lock button on the remote.....no reaction ~ I didn't hear the doors lock so I turn around and try again and still not sound and indicator lights ~ So i press the unlock and still nothing ~ So I'm there pressing like crazy and I finally got it to lock.....but then I try again and still nothing ~ So here I am about to go crazy.....and thinking the remote is ALREADY broken (I've only had the car for over a month) ~

Then we go somewhere else.....I park the car (Not near anything.....only a light pole I think) and press the lock button and this time it's working perfectly fine ~ I test it again to make sure it is working and not just coincidence and still it works perfectly fine ~

Any explainations to why this is? Interference or what?

Thanks ~

Jaspie ~
jaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
is it factory or aftermarket sytem you got there?
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
Erm...

All Australian Yaris comes with factory remote central lock systems...
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
Hmm...

if you look carefully at the key... there is a light indicator when you press the lock/unlock buttom... it should light up when u press it...

If not then guess the battery is gone and you can change it manually... take a look at the car manual for reference...

If it lights up and you cant unlock it for some reason then maybe its better for you to take it back to the dealer for a quick check up...
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
mkorejwo

Drives: 2010 5 door hatchback
Remote Keyless Interference

The keyless remote is a radio system. The key is a transmitter and the car is the receiver. The Key transmits on 312Mhz. So, if anything else is creating an interference signal, either intentional or unintentional, then the key transmitter signal may not be 'heard' by the reciever in the car. Checking the small light on the key to see if it lights when the button is pressed is an excellent check. Otherwise, well, your SOL. If you have a radio that can receiver 312Mhz, you can actually hear the transmit code each time you press a button on the key.
mkorejwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
Big Brother is watching you!!!! haha thats what the pole was
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Drives: White YRX 5DR Hatchback 2006

Thanks mkorejwo ~ Now I'll know what's wrong if that happens again and I've parked next to an electricity pole ~

If it does that and I haven't parked near anything.....then I know the remote's battery is dead ~

Jaspie ~
jaspie is offline   Reply With Quote