Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
annetteyaris01

Drives: Red 2001 Toyota Yaris
Exclamation Front fog lights - 2001 Yaris

Hi there,

I have a 2001 Yaris (my first car) which is running great but today in the UK it is a bit foggy. I can find the rear fog lights and they work ok - I can tell they get brighter when they are on - but nowhere can I find the front fog lights. The manual says they would be on the same stick as the rear fog lights (the indicator stick) but there is nothing there. Does anyone know where I might find them?!

Thank you,
Annette
annetteyaris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
karloslatynos

Drives: 2012 Yaris TR 1.33 VVT-i Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteyaris01 View Post
Hi there,

I have a 2001 Yaris (my first car) which is running great but today in the UK it is a bit foggy. I can find the rear fog lights and they work ok - I can tell they get brighter when they are on - but nowhere can I find the front fog lights. The manual says they would be on the same stick as the rear fog lights (the indicator stick) but there is nothing there. Does anyone know where I might find them?!

Thank you,
Annette
Take a look if your car has been fitted with front fog lights. Normally front fog lights are located at the front bumper. The front fog light switch should be next to the rear fog light switch. If in your car is only one fog light symbol on the indicator stick its likely your model doesn't have front fog lights.
karloslatynos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Fog lights are an extra on the most cars. Yes manufacturers are that money-lovers that they don't give you this basic feature as standar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
annetteyaris01

Drives: Red 2001 Toyota Yaris
Thank you both, I see. I'll get someone to look tomorrow. If it only has rear is that safe to drive in fog if I put full beam onot or should I just never drive in fog? I don't plan on it anyway but such as tonight I didn't dare drive incase it came in heavy while I was out.

Thank you!
annetteyaris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteyaris01 View Post
Thank you both, I see. I'll get someone to look tomorrow. If it only has rear is that safe to drive in fog if I put full beam onot or should I just never drive in fog? I don't plan on it anyway but such as tonight I didn't dare drive incase it came in heavy while I was out.

Thank you!

Just see if your front bumper have lights in the bottom. If it's only plastic you don't have. Many many cars are without fog lights. It depends on your experience if you can handle fog or not. If you are inexperienced then even fog lights won't do anything to you.
Personally I drove with my sprinter van one day with the worst fog I can imagine. I have no fog lights, it was 5 in the morning so no light from the sun or from the road. It was completely dark. Like a scary movie. Still, i managed to make it.

All I want to say is good to know your limits. I don't want to offend you but if you don't know how to look or where to look for your fog lights then you are unable to drive in a heavy fog. Again no offense. I am not the best driver either. None is.
Keep safe. And drive safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2001, fog, front, light