Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
sanchez
vroooom!

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
keyless question

sup guys dumb question i guess but if i have a yaris liftback ( 2007 us) with power windows and locks but no keyless can i add keyless to it? how much wold it cost? if i have a yaris remote can i program it it my car? just wondering any feedback is appreciated.

holla!
sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
check this thread out
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...hlight=keyless
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
actually, blackyaris... don't quote me on this, it was like this in the echo, so i'm not sure about the yaris.

my echo 3doors hatchback did not come with power anything. i had looked over every possibilities, and turns out that my car was completely pre-wired (except for the hatch) for power door locks.. and later found out it was also for the factory keyless entry.

so.. off i went to buy all the needed OEM parts....need i say more?
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
sup guys dumb question i guess but if i have a yaris liftback ( 2007 us) with power windows and locks but no keyless can i add keyless to it? how much wold it cost? if i have a yaris remote can i program it it my car? just wondering any feedback is appreciated.

holla!
As long as you don't have the engine immobilizer you can add an aftermarket system (for $50 or less plus install if you don't DIY). If your car does have the immobilizer add $40 to that. The Yaris remote won't do you any good unless you have an OEM keyless system installed, which would be much more expensive.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote