Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #37
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Not even close. NGK is by NGK. The most widely used plug in racing. and the BKR7E the most widely used plug for tunning 4 cyl turbo cars hands down. Except no substatute.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #38
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Already have the denso's so oh well.

The ngk and denso.in heat range 7 weresame price, fwiw.

Denso's are highly regarded by others, so IDK?
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-05-2010 at 10:09 AM.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #39
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
[offtopic]

sleey0, may I suggest Airsoft? You get a lot more of a rush then just going to the range and shooting targets. Also, no cleaning of weapons afterward.

Check out http://www.airsoftpost.com/

[/offtopic]
hahhaahha

Not knocking ya, but nothing will replace the smell of fresh fired bullets and sweating at the range
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #40
jetbtkng
idiot racing team

Drives: 2010 hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Well gentlemen if your gonna build a boosted vehicle you might want to make 9.5:1 compression you will get much better results. You can achive this by changing the top of the piston. Now you can get away with a much easier way to build boost without the fear of detonation.

Arias pistons has a designe on hand that I have in my car and will turn your set-up into 9.5:1. also their ceramic coated so "bring on the heat"
cost 800.00

If you can't do that then the methanol choice is your only alternative. This will allow you to compinsate for that 10.5:1 ratio your stock motor has.

This is how it works:

It reduces air inlet temperatures which allows users to increase boost pressure (and advance timing on forced induction gas applications) to create more power by utilizing the cooling effects of the system under heavy load.

Thats the short and skinny of it. Also run 93 octane and a NGK BKR7E racing plug. You will get great results. That is the most widely used tunner plug around.

Good luck

XBG
thats what i thought, i didnt see any posts in regards to pre detonation u cant run big boost unless u use 94+ octane up to 6psi with an apexi neo fuel management, & if u run 7-8 psi like i do on my solara's then u need a urd split second & a meth kit using a 375 nozzle, im running a stock 3.0 10.5 compression & im getting 304.5 whp & 302.7 lbft, the stock engines whp is about 150 so i doubled the output of the 3.0 with no problems, but the gas is the most important factor when running high boost......
jetbtkng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #41
jetbtkng
idiot racing team

Drives: 2010 hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
Already have the denso's so oh well.

The ngk and denso.in heat range 7 weresame price, fwiw.

Denso's are highly regarded by others, so IDK?
i use Denso's in my car there great plugs never a misfire or failier.....
jetbtkng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #42
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbtkng View Post
thats what i thought, i didnt see any posts in regards to pre detonation u cant run big boost unless u use 94+ octane up to 6psi with an apexi neo fuel management, & if u run 7-8 psi like i do on my solara's then u need a urd split second & a meth kit using a 375 nozzle, im running a stock 3.0 10.5 compression & im getting 304.5 whp & 302.7 lbft, the stock engines whp is about 150 so i doubled the output of the 3.0 with no problems, but the gas is the most important factor when running high boost......
Our engines are completely different but I get what you are saying.

And, yes, some ppl regard Denso plugs BETTER than NGK's.

(waiting for xbg's comment) lol

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #43
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
You run what ever plug makes you happy.

I just know over my last 11 years of drag racing no other plug is more widely used then NGK.

Ask any high end tunner shop "NGK"

But again only so many ways to skin a cat however I only run proven parts.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #44
sleey0

Well, how about this aras, I buy a box of NGK 7's and run them after the Denso's.

Or run them/test them next to each other? lol

Won't notice what a plug is doing AS LONG AS it's doing its job.

xbgod - 9/23/2010