Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i love the yellow they showed in the ads

i do not like the yellow in the real photos, it does look really sun faded

i would of been really pissed if i ordered a yellow and it came in looking like the real pic

i wouldnt of accepted it

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #38
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJolt View Post
Yellow is not pink so why don't you go fuck yourself? You own the SAME vehicle in WHITE.

I happen to like yellow - it's the SECOND yellow car I own, the other is '60's muscle, and is also a similar shade of pale yellow.

JEEZ.
Whoa.. too much hostility there. I hope you're joking, because nasty language isn't necessary over the preference of color.
EleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #39
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

i like how he said yellow is not pink

so he saying pink is a girls color

so hes really making the same comment as the OP just subbing in another color then yellow yet hes getting pissy because somebody made a comment about his yellow car lol

great job!

Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #40
YellowJolt

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr LB
Send a message via AIM to YellowJolt
Hostile? I suppose it could sound like that after these representative comments:

PETERPOOP: It looks like a piss yellow.

Bob Dog: I had a 78 Pinto that exact color. I loved it for about two weeks, then it embarassed me.

k r a y z e e . j o j o: Hate how it's faded. It's like some kind of aged funky 70's muscle car color

Sabretooth: ...they just thought a cute yellow would look good on the Yaris, it failed..

You don't hear me or anyone else saying this stuff about Meteorite Metallic or Bayou Blue or whatever color YOUR Yaris is. WHATEVER. Opinions are fine ("not as bright as I'd like"), but this thread turned to negativity early on. I will, however, edit my previous post.

P.S. Perhaps the poster who bought a '78 Pinto should have been more embarrassed about the PINTO itself then then the darn color.

Last edited by YellowJolt; 11-11-2009 at 01:43 PM.
YellowJolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #41
YellowJolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
i like how he said yellow is not pink

so he saying pink is a girls color

so hes really making the same comment as the OP just subbing in another color then yellow yet hes getting pissy because somebody made a comment about his yellow car lol

great job!
Really? If two newborns are side by side and one is dressed in pink, can one generally assume that baby is a girl? I think the answer is yes, because pink has historically been a feminine color. (I deliberately chose PINK because of that reason, and the fact that it's not a factory Yaris color.) The poster in question said "its look like a woman`s car" referring to not only Yellow Jolt but the Yaris wearing it. I think that pissy would be a pretty common response of our male membership if THEIR cars were subjected to the same comments.

PS - I was not trying to malign the color pink in my posts here. Everything has it's place and time.

Last edited by YellowJolt; 11-11-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

so what your saying is you bought the car to seek other peoples approval and now that it hasnt happened your mad?

if you bought the car because you like the color and feel comfortable with it then none of this would bother you because the most important part is You like the color, and who cares what others think if they dont.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #43
YellowJolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
so what your saying is you bought the car to seek other peoples approval and now that it hasnt happened your mad?

if you bought the car because you like the color and feel comfortable with it then none of this would bother you because the most important part is You like the color, and who cares what others think if they dont.
I'm tired of the negativity about the color on this thread. I said as much in my first post on this topic. Where does it say I bought the car seeking anyone else's approval? Again, I just state that I like my Yaris! I'm just wondering why the vehement disapproval from some, and about the negative comments of others.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #44
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue Liftback
It's not negativity. We're just voicing our opinions. All in all.. it's only a car forum. Chill. And you telling someone to fuck themselves is way more out of line than someone saying the yellow looks like pee.
EleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #45
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
have you guys forgotten what the brochure version looks like?

vs..

^ This. It's not so much that the real color is bad, it's just that it's nowhere near as cool looking as the advertised color. But in my opinion, even the real yellow is better than a couple of the other available options.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #46
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Really? If two newborns are side by side and one is dressed in pink, can one generally assume that baby is a girl? I think the answer is yes, because pink has historically been a feminine color. (I deliberately chose PINK because of that reason, and the fact that it's not a factory Yaris color.) The poster in question said "its look like a woman`s car" referring to not only Yellow Jolt but the Yaris wearing it. I think that pissy would be a pretty common response of our male membership if THEIR cars were subjected to the same comments.

PS - I was not trying to malign the color pink in my posts here. Everything has it's place and time.
unless you live outside the US... in which historically pink may actually be a feminine color.... such as in Japan.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #47
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
I'm tired of the negativity about the color on this thread. I said as much in my first post on this topic. Where does it say I bought the car seeking anyone else's approval? Again, I just state that I like my Yaris! I'm just wondering why the vehement disapproval from some, and about the negative comments of others.
lol still, you need to imagine everyone seeing the amazing color of the ads, and getting psyched about it, and then when the real thing came out, it was massively dissapointed. If you wanna get mad at someone, get mad at Toyota for horrible misrepresenting the color.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #48
eht13

Drives: .
We know that Toyota has a yellow color that actually looks like that advertised yellow due to the existence of the yellow used on Lexus cars like the one shown below...
Attached Images

eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote