Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #19
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
Actually, it's kinda difficult, BUT you have to know a little of fabricating when you open up the headlights. You have to TURN the oven to 290 degrees, wait 10 minutes. Get some Interior trim tools or prying tools. NO screwdriver Other wise you would warp the plastic. It needs a bigger flat end like a paint tool $1.99 at Sears. It's about 2 inchs in width and its sturdy. Then you need something in a 1 in or 1/2 inch width to help pry it open.

Get some CLAMPS. There are plastic clamps at sears so this ensures you that you get even pressure when you put it back together and no leaks will occur.

Get an ELECTRIC DREMEL tool. It's much more powerful than a battery operated.

Now just make a wiring harness

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6612

FIRST for beginners, Id rather have you practice on retroing on a junk yard headlights, no scratches. It's better to practice than ruin your investment thats $188 per yaris headlight. Ya know?

After dremeling the back end, you need to make some slight adjustments. The turn signal is a separate piece on the headlight, TRIM IT IF YOU ARE USING TSX PROJECTORS!!!!!!!!!!! Now all H.I.D. projectors come in different dimensions and sizes but for your best bet, buy valeo projectors or e55 projectors. They do not have fitment issues. I chose the TSX because it has a freaking WIDE WIDE beam and its clear lens *better clarity*

Go to Hidplanet.com/forums and study on how to mount projectors in a headlight. STUDY on it. I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years now, after I do my next retro on TL projectors, I will start other yaris owners as well.

P.S. Buy one projector online, and buy a yunk yard headlight, and practice FIRST. I dont' want to be pissed off seeing a screwed up alignment, lol
sam07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #20
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Long time no see..

Thats a pretty sweet headlight man.
Was it easy to install?

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:57 PM   #21
Blenjar

hey what if we pay u to do it for us...does that work?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar
hey what if we pay u to do it for us...does that work?

SURE. I know the whole procedure. I got this special trim tool that gets the one TIGHT ASS section to pry the reflector out. I got this down to a pat. Thats the hardest part with difficult precision, You do not want to snap it basically taking it slow. Thats how I found out.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #23
Blenjar

Well that's good to hear..When I get my Yaris..i hope I do im mail them to u I guess.
Im still thinking if I should take the 3door or sedan..college student.wat do u think? Lets not get off topic of your HID.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #24
sam07yaris

Quote:
Well that's good to hear..When I get my Yaris..i hope I do im mail them to u I guess.
Im still thinking if I should take the 3door or sedan..college student.wat do u think? Lets not get off topic of your HID.

same here. Full time college and work. lol. I suggest the sedan. I prefer the room than the small cramped space for other guests and the stuff I buy from places.

Last edited by sam07yaris; 09-18-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM   #25
Blenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam07yaris
same here. Full time college and work. lol. I suggest the sedan. I prefer the room than the small cramped space for other guests and the stuff I buy from places.
Well thx for your suggestion.

-- Blen
Old 09-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #26
sam07yaris

Quote:
Well thx for your suggestion.

-- Blen

well if you are interested, send me your phone number and we can discuss what type of setup you are interested in.. Now remember I have a Yaris Sedan and it would be hard if I have a Yaris LB customer since mounting points of the headlight are totally different. I am in the process of developing a headlight bracket that can be used universally for any car from the convenience of my living room.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #27
Blenjar

Quote:
well if you are interested, send me your phone number and we can discuss what type of setup you are interested in.. Now remember I have a Yaris Sedan and it would be hard if I have a Yaris LB customer since mounting points of the headlight are totally different. I am in the process of developing a headlight bracket that can be used universally for any car from the convenience of my living room.
Sure no doubt. I'll PM u it.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #28
sam07yaris

Quote:
Sure no doubt. I'll PM u it.
Yes that would be great. I would like to make it OEM as possible. Hence you would need to use e55 projectors which are bi-xenon.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #29
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
ahhh too bad i live in Canada otherwise i will pay you to do mine too!!!
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #30
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tca4
ahhh too bad i live in Canada otherwise i will pay you to do mine too!!!

Well are they really that strict?? Do they even know a Yaris has HID as an option or do they have a book to say this car was not equipped? The ONLY thing backing that up is this= ballast location under the headlight. It is rectangular shaped with screw holes in it. Also a D4R designation under the H4 bulb section. So that tells me Toyota has ideas for the Yaris as an H.I.D. an option but in the future only.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #31
wwwh355

Drives: 07 Yaris Flint Mica
Send a message via ICQ to wwwh355
Quote:
Well are they really that strict?? Do they even know a Yaris has HID as an option or do they have a book to say this car was not equipped? The ONLY thing backing that up is this= ballast location under the headlight. It is rectangular shaped with screw holes in it. Also a D4R designation under the H4 bulb section. So that tells me Toyota has ideas for the Yaris as an H.I.D. an option but in the future only.
Followed so many threads.
I still don no what is the legal buttom line of HID mod.
Maybe the full retrofit is better than just put two light blubs?
I mean it looks more ( factory)
So confusing.
Alloy Wheels Upgrade
Extra Miles Pkg
wwwh355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #32
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
i guess they are not THAT strict, but still you dont live in Canada so i guess it can't be done
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #33
wwwh355

Drives: 07 Yaris Flint Mica
Send a message via ICQ to wwwh355
Quote:
I know TAIWAN version of Vios/Yaris have H.I.D. as an option which cause about US$800 more.
I believe yaris in europe got this option too
Alloy Wheels Upgrade
Extra Miles Pkg
wwwh355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #34
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwh355
I know TAIWAN version of Vios/Yaris have H.I.D. as an option which cause about US$800 more.
I believe yaris in europe got this option too

Yup my assumptions were correct then. Awesome info. Although, I'd rather have projectors than the reflector style setup which we can all cross reference to the Prius.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #35
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
sam07yaris, how would your method of installing the HID (parts, installation, etc.) be different for the Liftback version of the Yaris? I just joined HidPlanet and showed them the thread with Chris07LB's HID kit and they recommended I go your route instead.

I have no idea how to do this though and don't know what parts I would need to do a complete OEM retrofit on my Liftback. I would like a HID capable of high and low beam.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:18 AM   #36
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
sam07yaris, how would your method of installing the HID (parts, installation, etc.) be different for the Liftback version of the Yaris? I just joined HidPlanet and showed them the thread with Chris07LB's HID kit and they recommended I go your route instead.

I have no idea how to do this though and don't know what parts I would need to do a complete OEM retrofit on my Liftback. I would like a HID capable of high and low beam.

just reference them with my SN samlindsay. <<< I hate this sn on that site but everybody knows me by that. EX g/f F'n name. LOL At least I didn't get a tattoo like some morons would!

Back to the topic , I am goign to do a TL projector retrofit on the Yaris. Since I work at a CNC Machine shop, I will design especially for our Yaris' a special bracket in which, I will post instructions on how to mount without using soo many damn screws. But this special design will make it so it is easier for me to do many retrofits in the future. My boss says its okay for me to make up the CAD plan on the computer. What a hell of a boss I must say! If you are going to do it your way, then I suggest doing a search on how to mount a projector to a reflector. Good luck! If you need to ask any *or anybody else,*questions, PM me.