Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
yv1650c

Drives: Japanese 8T1 Yaris Hatchback
Best Deck?

Hi, let's put here what you think it's the better deck for our yaris??... I'm thinking in the Alpine 2-din size deck, but I do not know how it will reflect too much light into drivers eyes!!!, so, I would like to install 1din cdplayer...

excuse my bad english!
yv1650c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
i believe there is no such thing as the "best" deck. Personally its what you like and what features u want/need.

I personally wanted a double din head unit, since the yaris gives us that option. I didnt care about what features it had...hehe

If you want a double din 7" screen dvd player(whatever the size of the screen is) you should invest in those "matt" finish glass so there will be no glare, like the new lcd/plasma tv has.

Or go for those head units with blue tooth, ipod option, usb, mp3 and whatever other features it has then go with that if u do end up buying or needing this option in the future.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Glare from a double-DIN screen is not too bad, though my Pioneer does have a matt finish. What is annoying, though, is that it is a little too bright at night, it's somewhat distracting, and there's no easy access to brightness controls...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
BlueLiftback

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue 5-speed L/B
I'm partial to the JVC KD-AVX2

3.5" Screen so you're unlikely to get pulled over for watching movies, plays all formats (including DVD-A), DIVX capable, 5.1 Dolby Digital (including a dedicated center channel), etc...

Have had it for 6 months in Arizona with ZERO problems and fantastic sound/video playback.

It plays burned DVD's and Video CD's fine too

All that AND it will play a DVD burned full of MP3's!

Paid $350 shipped 6 months ago, and I think you can prolly get it under $300 these days. It's single DIN, so make sure to get the right kit.

BlueLiftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
How's the pic on that JVC?
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Audiovox!

-NOT-
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
BlueLiftback

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue 5-speed L/B
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
How's the pic on that JVC?
Actually pretty decent for a 3.5" screen I think.

Displays widescreen quite nice because of the aspect ratio, and the backlight is good enough for all but direct sunlight. On my last trip to Vegas we watched a couple of movies, and did note that it was a lot easier to watch at night.

I also like the fact that it's detachable face. The double DIN units that don't detach are BEGGING to be stolen IMHO. And remember, our cars aren't the toughest to break into

Even with a good alarm, I'd rather make it a less desireable target
BlueLiftback is offline   Reply With Quote