Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-28-2021, 07:19 AM   #1
YOUNG SCOOTER

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatch
Disable seatbelt beep by bypassing wiring under seat?

In my old hondas and my old rangers I could bypass the seatbelt warning by shorting out the seatbelt sensor to make the computer think the seatbelt was plugged in 24/7. I just bought this car and when I try to transport any cargo in the passenger seat the car beeps at me because the belt isnt fastened. Also, I unbuckle to get my mail and to back into parking spots (habit) and I dont enjoy the loud beeping. I figured bypassing the seatbelt sensor would be as simple as before but when I look under the seat I see 3 different plugs and a module of some sort. One plug has two wires, the other two plugs have a lot more wires. I don't wanna start hacking into stuff so if anyone has a tip I appreciate it. I do HVAC work so I have all the tools and experience to pull this off but a wire diagram or a pointer would be helpful
YOUNG SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
YOUNG SCOOTER

https://sakhsondotcom.files.wordpres...ng-diagram.pdf

page 100 of the pdf is the diagrams but I guess there are more modules tied together than i anticipated.

page 104, tie the orange and pink wires together to bypass seatbelt for passenger side (J11)?

cant find the equivalent for the driver side though
Old 02-28-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
YOUNG SCOOTER

So on the driver side I figured out how to bypass it, I'm gonna post it here for those in the future who want to do this mod. Under the driver seat there is a plastic gray plug with 4 wires arranged in a square fashion, use a flashlight to see which two colors are the upper 2 wires (closest to the seat cushion). I think mine was red and green. Unhook that plug from the connector and cut those two wires, and splice in a resistor of at least 300 ohms and connect them together. I used a butt connector on the red wire, twisted 2 150 ohm resistors together and put that into the other end of the butt connector, then used a butt connector to connect the green wire to the other end of the resistor. I used electrical tape wrapped around the wire and resistor to keep it from shorting against anything. Then you plug it back into the connector under the seat and this tells the ECU your seatbelt is plugged in constantly WITHOUT flashing the airbag light at you. I imagine the process is the same on the passenger seat but I will report back after I do it.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #4
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
If you pass this car on to someone else just remember to make them aware of these changes. Failing that, I suggest you then increase your liability insurance.
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #5
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Yeah you just have to put in a resistor on the two wires that would go to the seat belt buckle receptacle. I've done it on mine when I changed to a different driver seat a few years ago. Also keep a spare male buckle in the glove box to click in the passenger seat to disable the beeping when carrying cargo on the seat.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:38 AM   #6
Fluxtasy
feed my pet

Drives: Yaris Sedan '10
I unplugged the seat belt connector under the driver's seat beside the seat rail:
Name:  Photo 07-03-2021, 4 07 37 PM.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  365.8 KB

Not sure if this is only available for the Asian models. You could always locate that wiring and add on connectors.
Fluxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote