Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
driverofchuckles

Drives: 2008 Yaris. Manual everything
an aux input mod for my wife's 2007 ford sport trac

I've gone to a few forums for her truck only to find that the members do not actually "mod" anything. So since everyone here is amazing at nodding the greatest little car ever made and helping others to do the same I thought id ask here.

My wife's truck has the factory stereo but was made just before or after Ford started including the input as a standard. I'm wondering if anyone has the knowledge and/or the experience to help me figure out how to splice in a jack. The stereo has an aux button but it seems to be dedicated to the satellite radio, we don't use it. My thought is that I could go through that but I'm not sure just how. Help? Please?
driverofchuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You would need to track down the wiring diagrams for it to see where the aux jack gets wired to.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
driverofchuckles

Drives: 2008 Yaris. Manual everything
after days of searching I have been unable to find diagrams for Sport Tracs after 2002. Once I have time I think that I'll carefully dive into the dash of her truck just to see what i can figure out. Maybe they haven't changed them since 2002, it is a Ford after all.
driverofchuckles is offline   Reply With Quote