Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Jamus

Drives: '12 3dr Yaris L
"Slip indicator" light stays on.

That's pretty much it. The "slip indicator" light on the instrument cluster won't go off. Pushing or holding the "trac off" button doesn't do anything either. I'll add everything I did today incase any of it matters. I was going to install an aftermarket steering wheel, but opted not to once I saw how complicated getting it to work would be. I had the whole wheel and clockspring off. After putting everything back I drove it out of the garage and there was no "slip indicator" light on at that time. Later I started the car and pulled forward on uneven gravel and heard a clunk, which I thought was just a gravel hitting a heat shield or something. Then I drove a 1/4 mile. When I parked I noticed the light on. I don't know if it came on as soon as the clunk or later. I've searched and seen other indicators staying on, but not seen this specific problem. I'll get autozone to run my trouble codes tomorrow. Any advice in the meantime? This is a 2012 3dr L automatic if it makes any difference.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote