Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
Yaris/Echo front swap 2000-2005

Hi! as many of you know I went out of my way buying a brand new VW hence cancelling and selling my 2008 XP90 Yaris

WELL! the 1NZFE NA noises ! I miss them ! I wanna get a SEDAN 2000-2005 preferably a 2 doors and FRONT SWAP the thing with an 05 Canadian RS Echo

I know I need the whole Fenders, bonnet, headlights, bumper... but do I need the hatch radiator support for this ?? or is it straight bolt on like an Acura EL front on a 99 honda civic ?

40mm Lift Kit, off road looking wheels/tire, Clear Tail lights, C-WEST grille, Black Housing headlights, Rear JDM Bumper (if I can find one), Semi Stripped interior, Custom paint job, custom roof rack
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
I'm not sure that I understand what is to be gained here. It is purely for aesthetics? My interest is definitely piqued, though.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #3
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
I can't speak for the 1st Gen Yaris but I can say that the 2nd Gen Yaris Hatch has a different radiator support than the sedan. With that in mind I would assume you would need everything. Although, I don't think the parts will swap over that easily without some modification. An Acura EL is essentially a luxury Civic, while the Yaris Coupe and Hatch are fairly different.

Maybe try heading to a junkyard and see if you can find both a 1st gen hatch and coupe and do some measuring? Would be interesting to see how this turns out if you give it a try. Good luck!
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
the 2nd Gen Yaris Hatch has a different radiator support than the sedan. With that in mind I would assume you would need everything. Although, I don't think the parts will swap over that easily without some modification.

Maybe try heading to a junkyard and see if you can find both a 1st gen hatch and coupe and do some measuring? Would be interesting to see how this turns out if you give it a try. Good luck!
I will try measuring all and WEIRD? I saw plenty of front swapped echo/platz/sedan yaris with hacth models
like this one for example :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I'm not sure that I understand what is to be gained here. It is purely for aesthetics? My interest is definitely piqued, though.
purely aesthetic + there is more... aftermarket alternatives for HATCH models headlights and lips than the SEDAN one

40mm Lift Kit, off road looking wheels/tire, Clear Tail lights, C-WEST grille, Black Housing headlights, Rear JDM Bumper (if I can find one), Semi Stripped interior, Custom paint job, custom roof rack
Old 10-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
lani100

Drives: Yaris T sport TRD turbo
Fairly sure they use the same support and latch. You can compare the P/N's to be 100% sure
Old 10-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #6
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
I will try measuring all and WEIRD? I saw plenty of front swapped echo/platz/sedan yaris with hacth models
like this one for example :

purely aesthetic + there is more... aftermarket alternatives for HATCH models headlights and lips than the SEDAN one
Ah, I see. Very cool. Looking forward to whichever transformations you complete.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #7
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Ah, I see. Very cool. Looking forward to whichever transformations you complete.
nice indeed ! I still have parts I wanted to put in my 08

I have an "airbag-less" 05 Corolla S steering wheel (black leather and red stitch)

and some other things soo things will fit, I guess

Old 04-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
ACKING_QC

Plans have changed ONCE AGAIN !

but for the better !

I managed to find a BASE 2-door Hatchback 2005 UNMOLESTED! no power steering, no ABS, no electric windows, no electric mirrors.... only option is the A/C which is WORKING

I basically bought an A/C equipped racecar with 263 300km (does NOT shows at all.... rocker panels are like NEW! and were not rebuilt ... only rust showing is some SURFACE rust in the rocker under the diver door.....and... as usual for these; the gas cap)

for those who saw my signature, that's my new project.... BUT !!!

with a car that is.... THAT unmolested... I'm hesitating a lot of keeping this 2005 as a project and driving my 2018 golf in the snow :-/ or WORSE ! keeping the 2 as project cars and buying a 3rd one :P for god's sake HELP!