Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Turbo Kit for 1NZ

Maybe this is already common knowledge:

https://www.facebook.com/speedlabphi...6986224709860/

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
MugenRep
iQ innovator & researcher

Drives: 2012 iQ
Is the Zage kit cheaper? Either way, they also have a Rotrex supercharger kit!!! Way better IMO!

1.00 Philippine Peso equals 0.020 United States Dollar

Rotrex kit on their website says 175,000p which is $3427.37. That's about $2000 less than Power Enterprise charges for theirs and it's a true Rotrex charger, so quality is there.
MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
You know, I just don't know what to do in life sometimes.

A former forum member, Yaris owner and current Toyota engineer swears by the boosted 1NZ. Claims he went through a couple 2ZZ's, doesn't like their known issues and isn't a fan of the 2ZR either.

Several of our friends here have done the 2ZR swap and speak to the pros.

I've seen several 2ZZ swapped Yaris' on Instagram, including this absolute beauty, and believe that is what you'd call going full retard. Find it very appealing, frankly.

As with anything, they all have their pros and cons and costs. Like I said, I just don't know what to do in life sometimes

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #4
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
You know, I just don't know what to do in life sometimes.

A former forum member, Yaris owner and current Toyota engineer swears by the boosted 1NZ. Claims he went through a couple 2ZZ's, doesn't like their known issues and isn't a fan of the 2ZR either.

Several of our friends here have done the 2ZR swap and speak to the pros.

I've seen several 2ZZ swapped Yaris' on Instagram, including this absolute beauty, and believe that is what you'd call going full retard. Find it very appealing, frankly.

As with anything, they all have their pros and cons and costs. Like I said, I just don't know what to do in life sometimes
LOL! Not knowing what to do is a constant issue for me too, ern-diz. A 2ZZ swap would be awesome. Some great info for you here. Maybe you've seen it already. Some very interesting info on turboing a 2ZZ in there as well. Not exactly what I expected to hear. Interesting cylinder design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGVd1oSVTQ

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 03-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
thamasha69

Drives: 4Runner
Hi guys, I'm new here, though I joined this forum over a decade ago. Been thinking a lot about getting a Yaris over the last couple of years- always wanted the Blitz blower back in the day (and I still do!). As they seem hard to come by, I did contact Speedlab through their FB page and was quoted $4000 Usd for their Rotrex kit. Engine management is Unichip. Seems a pretty sweet setup, I'm still wanting to research more, but thought I'd pass along the info.
thamasha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #6
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamasha69 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here, though I joined this forum over a decade ago. Been thinking a lot about getting a Yaris over the last couple of years- always wanted the Blitz blower back in the day (and I still do!). As they seem hard to come by, I did contact Speedlab through their FB page and was quoted $4000 Usd for their Rotrex kit. Engine management is Unichip. Seems a pretty sweet setup, I'm still wanting to research more, but thought I'd pass along the info.
Awesome. Great info. Hope you decided to do a forced induction build.

In the meantime, if you get bored, you can check out my build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH2H...Ee6j8kR7LmsdvN

Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
thamasha69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Awesome. Great info. Hope you decided to do a forced induction build.

In the meantime, if you get bored, you can check out my build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH2H...Ee6j8kR7LmsdvN
No way man that's your build?? - I literally was was watching your YouTube vids last week. Very well thought out setup, one of a kind. I love it.

Forced induction is the only way I think I'll own a Yaris. I looked back on my first post on this forum in 2009- I had a turbo EK Civic at the time. Also have owned a turbo EF hatch, and Galant VR-4 as far as turbo cars. Owned several other NA cars but never a supercharged one. I was always drawn to the Yaris for it's lightweight simplicity reminding me of my beloved Honda hatchbacks back in the day and wanted something different. So much time has passed and cars have become so bloated that I yearn more than ever for a simpler vehicle to enjoy and I'm still stuck on a SC'd Yaris.

Thinking I may post a WTB in the forum for a Blitz kit and maybe I'll get lucky, even if it takes a couple years haha- I've already waited over a decade.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
06YarisRS

Quote:
No way man that's your build?? - I literally was was watching your YouTube vids last week. Very well thought out setup, one of a kind. I love it.

Forced induction is the only way I think I'll own a Yaris. I looked back on my first post on this forum in 2009- I had a turbo EK Civic at the time. Also have owned a turbo EF hatch, and Galant VR-4 as far as turbo cars. Owned several other NA cars but never a supercharged one. I was always drawn to the Yaris for it's lightweight simplicity reminding me of my beloved Honda hatchbacks back in the day and wanted something different. So much time has passed and cars have become so bloated that I yearn more than ever for a simpler vehicle to enjoy and I'm still stuck on a SC'd Yaris.

Thinking I may post a WTB in the forum for a Blitz kit and maybe I'll get lucky, even if it takes a couple years haha- I've already waited over a decade.
Well, thanks man! Sounds like you've got lots of experience with turbo cars. I think a supercharged Yaris would be awesome. I would love to follow a build thread if you did one. You never know, you might get lucky and find a Blitz come up. I think there have been a couple in the last year. I, too, watched the items for sale section for a blitz, but at that time, they were seemingly more rare than now. I was just messaging with a guy on instagram that had a Blitz and he says the gears went in it. He took it off and sold his car.

Old 03-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #9
thamasha69

I had tried posting the following but it said it was awaiting approval by a mod...maybe because I had included a link to the Speedlab homepage. I'll repost now without the link-

Quote:
Well, thanks man! Sounds like you've got lots of experience with turbo cars. I think a supercharged Yaris would be awesome. I would love to follow a build thread if you did one. You never know, you might get lucky and find a Blitz come up. I think there have been a couple in the last year. I, too, watched the items for sale section for a blitz, but at that time, they were seemingly more rare than now. I was just messaging with a guy on instagram that had a Blitz and he says the gears went in it. He took it off and sold his car.
Yeah I have been worried about those Blitz kits coming of age - saw a rebuild kit on eBay but literally know nothing about taking that on. Another reason why I contacted Speedlab hoping that somehow, someway I'd potentially be able to nab a supercharger if the Blitz was not possible. I don't know much about differences between 2nd and 3rd gen cars - I was hoping that in the case of the Rotrex setup, it would be rather universal and would work between generations on the 1NZFE. According to the Speedlab page it fits all gen 2004 and up.

I inquired about fitment on a 3rd gen (I love facelifted 3 doors), but they could not guarantee fitment on a USDM car. Looking at the pics, I can only speculate that if there were fitment issues it would simply be a matter of modifying the aluminum bracket and/or the charge pipes/couplers - though it all looks rather simple. I also don't know much about Unichip - seems rather proprietary as far as who is able to install and tune with it. $4k is a lot to part with and then deal with potentially modifying/retooling some components to work and then deal with management. Though perhaps it could be purchased sans Unichip and I could sort management later. I don't doubt at all though that it isn't a sweet kit and if I could make it work on a 3rd gen that'd be a dream.

I'm going to have to dig thru some old posts on this forum about the Power Enterprise kit and see if it all fit similarly.

Sorry to rant, been weighing the pros and cons and trying to figure how much of a project I want to take on lol. I feel like I'm jumping down the rabbit hole again - last time I boosted a car was 2006.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #10
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
LOL! Not knowing what to do is a constant issue for me too, ern-diz. A 2ZZ swap would be awesome. Some great info for you here. Maybe you've seen it already. Some very interesting info on turboing a 2ZZ in there as well. Not exactly what I expected to hear. Interesting cylinder design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGVd1oSVTQ
I sense that with you (we can smell our own lol). Thanks for the added info!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #11
06YarisRS

Quote:
I had tried posting the following but it said it was awaiting approval by a mod...maybe because I had included a link to the Speedlab homepage. I'll repost now without the link-

Yeah I have been worried about those Blitz kits coming of age - saw a rebuild kit on eBay but literally know nothing about taking that on. Another reason why I contacted Speedlab hoping that somehow, someway I'd potentially be able to nab a supercharger if the Blitz was not possible. I don't know much about differences between 2nd and 3rd gen cars - I was hoping that in the case of the Rotrex setup, it would be rather universal and would work between generations on the 1NZFE. According to the Speedlab page it fits all gen 2004 and up.

I inquired about fitment on a 3rd gen (I love facelifted 3 doors), but they could not guarantee fitment on a USDM car. Looking at the pics, I can only speculate that if there were fitment issues it would simply be a matter of modifying the aluminum bracket and/or the charge pipes/couplers - though it all looks rather simple. I also don't know much about Unichip - seems rather proprietary as far as who is able to install and tune with it. $4k is a lot to part with and then deal with potentially modifying/retooling some components to work and then deal with management. Though perhaps it could be purchased sans Unichip and I could sort management later. I don't doubt at all though that it isn't a sweet kit and if I could make it work on a 3rd gen that'd be a dream.

I'm going to have to dig thru some old posts on this forum about the Power Enterprise kit and see if it all fit similarly.

Sorry to rant, been weighing the pros and cons and trying to figure how much of a project I want to take on lol. I feel like I'm jumping down the rabbit hole again - last time I boosted a car was 2006.
Missed this post. Have you given more thought to a project? I hope so, haha.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:50 AM   #12
thamasha69

Quote:
Missed this post. Have you given more thought to a project? I hope so, haha.
Been a minute since I've been on here. I found a local Blitz kit on craigslist and contacted the seller but never got a response :/ That was before things got pretty fierce with all this corona virus stuff. As such, I am holding off on any big purchases until I see what all pans out due to this.