Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
frostbitten

Drives: yaris 07 3dr
i need to replace real toyota interior parts

Major damage has been caused to the center console: a large gash through the plastic (its actually cut in half with the parking brake showing, don't ask) and now I need a replacement. I have searched extensively through here and around on google to no avail. It's such a pain because one day at work i found a shop durring mid conversation about this very thing, now it seems impossible. Please help!

-frostbitten
frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
It's time to gut your car's interior and give it that race car feel.

..as well as free up some weight.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
call your dealer, or talk to TRDsparks, he's a sponsor on this site, or you can go to trdsparks.com

http://www.toyotapartsdiscount.com/p...layCatalogid=0

^^ I think that's the part, seems cheap though

My brother's old camry console basically fell apart from 15 years of sun damage, and then a pitbull stepped on the center console and shattered it. We fiberglassed behind, and kinda put it together like a puzzle pieces. I'm fairly confident when we finished it was stronger than my yaris console. Anyway, without pics its kind of hard to tell if its repairable or not, but if you are worried about cosmetics, you could always get some neffy wrap(cheap, good quality carbon fiber wrap from micro image, another vendor on this site) and do it. My girlfriend gashed the top of my console lid with her belt, and neffy wrap is going to be my fix, same for the radio trim that the paint melted off from a leaky vent air freshener thing.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp

Contact LQK they will have everything you need for affordable price. You can try their 877 number to find a location near you. They are one of the nations largest auto recyclers. Lots of stuff you find on ebay are from them.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
frostbitten

yup yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
call your dealer, or talk to TRDsparks, he's a sponsor on this site, or you can go to trdsparks.com

http://www.toyotapartsdiscount.com/p...layCatalogid=0

^^ I think that's the part, seems cheap though

My brother's old camry console basically fell apart from 15 years of sun damage, and then a pitbull stepped on the center console and shattered it. We fiberglassed behind, and kinda put it together like a puzzle pieces. I'm fairly confident when we finished it was stronger than my yaris console. Anyway, without pics its kind of hard to tell if its repairable or not, but if you are worried about cosmetics, you could always get some neffy wrap(cheap, good quality carbon fiber wrap from micro image, another vendor on this site) and do it. My girlfriend gashed the top of my console lid with her belt, and neffy wrap is going to be my fix, same for the radio trim that the paint melted off from a leaky vent air freshener thing.
Yes, indeed, that is the part. And i know it does seem cheap. But really its just a simple piece of molded plastic. Oh and it would be too embarassing to show the pictures nor explain the story.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
C'mon, admit it, you were trying to have sex in your Yaris...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
frostbitten

LOL No. It's not interesting. I meerly cut it myself thinking Id have the time, patients, knowledge, and energy to make a new one. Anyway regarding that thought, it hasn't worked out for me. Small car, not a wide enough drivers seat, not enough room to the sides of the seat for knees to dangle, etc. Since I haven't tried it in the back and I'm currently in a two seater, who knows? Really.. Who knows!?