Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Any more info on a Yaris Hatch RS for USA?

I was hoping it might be coming this way but I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while. I would certainly be interested in getting one.

I noticed the new xD has a 125 hp 1.8 never brought to USA before. I think Toyota might be more interested in making sure Scion got its new models moving before "confusing" the market with a real Euro-cruiser.

PS. Anymore whispers about the Aygo? I would like to give one of those a whirl, also. They can double as a casket and save you some burial expense!
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
the 1.8 is in the matrix
Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Hey woof, I emailed Toyota a month or two back about the Aygo, and was informed that there were absolutely ZERO plans to bring it to the US. All the rumors about Toyota using it to compete against the 2008 smart fortwo release are bogus, at least for the US.

Too bad.

Black, I think the 1.8 in the xD is actually supposed to be a NEW 1.8, not the one that's currently available. I could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.

~YR
Old 05-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I was hoping it might be coming this way but I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while. I would certainly be interested in getting one.

I noticed the new xD has a 125 hp 1.8 never brought to USA before. I think Toyota might be more interested in making sure Scion got its new models moving before "confusing" the market with a real Euro-cruiser.

PS. Anymore whispers about the Aygo? I would like to give one of those a whirl, also. They can double as a casket and save you some burial expense!
are you confusing your cars? the rs is what we get in canada, but the t-sport is the yaris with the bigger engine...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
Nope. I also don't think that the yaris rs will come to the U.S. Your better off gettin a xd, corolla, or some other route. I wish the same thing that they would import the yaris rs to the U.S. But that dual vvti sounds to cool to be true..
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Screw the Aygo, I want to see the Auris!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
titan0111

Drives: Future Yaris Owner
I will be please to see both Aygo and Auris...
Both of them look pretty good...
titan0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Y-Revenge: You just killed my will to live....aaah, I'm over it. The Aygo would be nice. Give it $4.00/gal and we'll see, then.

PS. The Aygo is subject to shared-Euro manufacture, right? Citroen and Renault (?) share the same production line. Maybe there would be "quality" issues. (Not sure if Aygo is made for the Nippon market.)

weapon & punch: Hope you guys are wrong but you're probably not. We never get the cool stuff. If it doesn't drive the economy (eat gas, cost a lot for insurance and taxes) it don't fly.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Y-Revenge: You just killed my will to live....aaah, I'm over it. The Aygo would be nice. Give it $4.00/gal and we'll see, then.

PS. The Aygo is subject to shared-Euro manufacture, right? Citroen and Renault (?) share the same production line. Maybe there would be "quality" issues. (Not sure if Aygo is made for the Nippon market.)

weapon & punch: Hope you guys are wrong but you're probably not. We never get the cool stuff. If it doesn't drive the economy (eat gas, cost a lot for insurance and taxes) it don't fly.
Hi! I have an Aygo also! the car is great! Yes is shared with Citroen C1, and Peugeot 107! But all the mechanics is toyota on all 3 cars. Here is Italy the one selling the most is the Aygo! And believe me, no quality problems, the cars are coming out of the lots like hot cakes, and no complains! and with my math, if it is right, i do about 500 miles with 17 dollars, (full tank!) Beat that! LOL. Unlike my Yaris TS, totally different beast! That boy drinks like there is no tomorrow! LOL
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote