Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #163
odg495
 
odg495's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris & Corolla
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Nice...

Looks like a BMW M5 exhaust.
I was thinking more M3, but hey, I'm not going to argue!
odg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #164
larryn2o
 
larryn2o's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 yaris
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MS
Posts: 51
cherry bomb

this one is a 2 inch pipe with a 2 inchcherry bomb turbo muffler, passes for a stock muffler. low tone unloaded . a good bit louder under load.


cost $24 at autozone and $44.00 to get the pipe bent and welded.

I know it's not stainless or Unobtainium , but I've already started my next axle back , will post it in a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtaWvaIkU0&list=UL
larryn2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #165
DeathBeard
 
DeathBeard's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris S
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 574
Anyone using the Apexi Bomber exhaust??
__________________
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #166
yariSB86
 
yariSB86's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Yaris LB
Join Date: May 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 211
DC Sports axle back

Also have K&N Typhoon intake and DC Sports header
yariSB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #167
tooter
play every day
 
tooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,961
Sounds like beautiful music...
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #168
yariSB86
 
yariSB86's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Yaris LB
Join Date: May 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 211
Thanks man.

I'm waiting on a couple prospects for my mid pipe replacement. should sound even most beastly when its all done.
yariSB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #169
Turbotoro
 
Drives: 05 Vitz
Join Date: May 2013
Location: calgary
Posts: 5
Hey guys, figured I'd post here because I'm having a super hard time finding an axle back for my 05 echo (in Canada) anyone want to point in the right direction or sell me their exhaust? Lol thanks any info would be appreciated
Turbotoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #170
mrtobs1988
 
Drives: 2009 toyota yaris white
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Well, personally I think it's worth the money. You can't have an efficient engine if your intake and/or exhaust is too restrictive (which is what the Yaris was cursed with out of the factory). If you wanted to replace your exhaust, I'd start with the axle-back so that you can find which kind of sound you like. Then you have the option of either going with the Nitto midpipe (available from microimageonline.com) or custom-fabricating your own midpipe (warning: the Nitto midpipe does not have any catalytic converters; they're just resonators). And you know, I would recommend replacing the header. The stock design is rather convoluted and doesn't lend itself well to a good exhaust flow. For this you have many options: TRD (expensive as all hell), Megan, DC, Thunder, DME, or, again, custom make your own. If you plan on doing more performance modifications to your car, a good exhaust system is pretty much invaluable. Hope that answered your question well enough :D
Hey is that the only midpipe you can find. And why is it so expensive? Is there anything cheaper that you know of?
mrtobs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #171
brutal910
 
brutal910's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 tyota yaris 2 door hatchb
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: alvin texas
Posts: 41
inspection fail, texas

Hey fellas, I could use some help here.I have a 2007 yaris hatchback. 1.5 liter 5 speed. DC header, greedy full exhaust , no cat. And some little gadget box with wire that is suppose to trick ecu that it does have a cat engine light on. Code his for 0/2 sensor upstream. If I install a new 0/2 sensor my engine light should turn off right? I only have 15 days to fix this problem. And I'm on my eighth day.otherwise I will have to pay for another inspection. Please help. I didn't see another 0/2 sensor under there unless I missed it. Mechanic suggested I change both. 318.00 bucks for parts. :-(
brutal910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #172
Vitz_Q8
 
Vitz_Q8's Avatar
 
Drives: 3dr NCP90R
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: VIC - Australia
Posts: 12
This is my very first post and hopefully not the last. I've been visiting yarisworld for a while occasionally until I finally bought my Yaris couple of months ago. I've been always a big V8 sedan guy but when I rented a Yaris in a road trip last I fell in love with it instantly, I don't know how to explain my feeling but wow, Huge difference from my Crown Vic and Aus Ford Falcon.

Anyway let's get to the topic . After a very long wait I finally got Tanabe Concept G Exhaust for my Yaris. Thanks to redyaris's post I managed to install it by myself. It was a relatively easy task but took me about 6 hours because the right wheel and one of the mufflers's spring bolts were stuck even with WD-40 and some hammering.

here are the pictures:



























I really love it. At first I thought it's a little bit loud and annoying especially on long drives. there was a moment when I regretted installing it and thought about reinstalling the OEM exhaust but now I Think I got used to it by now and I absolutely love it. I will upload a video as soon as it's uploaded on Youtube
http://youtu.be/6OUqDz-pF2c
Vitz_Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #173
YarisPR
 
YarisPR's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MayaWest, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,574
Current setup
Custom long tube header
2.5" exhaust w/ cut-out
__________________
I Drive a 129whp Yaris ;)
YarisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #174
j-san
 
Drives: 2010 5-door hatchback
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 50
A question for you exhaust gurus:

A search of the forum turns up conflicting reports of a freer-flowing aftermarket exhaust system improving/hurting MPG. Some said it improves MPG and power, others have said it hurts MPG, but improves power. Either way, it seems a better exhaust will improve power and possibly affect MPG.

I drive with a fairly light foot and mostly on the highway and average 43MPG most days. My Yaris is stock, but I am open to doing an aftermarket exhaust, provided it doesn't sound like bad rice and seriously hurt MPG. I wouldn't mind the few extra HP for a little help in the passing lane. If I go aftermarket, I plan to leave the intake stock and drop in a K&N filter. Maybe a header is fine, but I plan to leave the cats and resonator intact and possibly add an additional resonator after the stock one. There is a local custom exhaust shop that can do the work and I would ask them to follow the stock piping, but go up to a 2" pipe vs the stock 1.75" pipe (I understand the cats and resonator use a 2" pipe) and route it to the factory flange at the rear axle. From there, I'll probably bolt on a Tanabe Medalion or Nitto (plan to buy from Micro Image) as those two seem to be the quietest mufflers. How does that sound for an exhaust set-up?

I am not expecting oh-my-god gains in HP or anything, but hope to have a little of both worlds: improved HP while being able to retain (or improve) MPG.
j-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #175
monchito18
 
monchito18's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris sedan
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico, Isabela
Posts: 427
Send a message via MSN to monchito18
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
Current setup
Custom long tube header
2.5" exhaust w/ cut-out
que porqueria Angelo jajajajajajaja
__________________
monchito18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #176
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L
 
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-san View Post
A question for you exhaust gurus:

A search of the forum turns up conflicting reports of a freer-flowing aftermarket exhaust system improving/hurting MPG. Some said it improves MPG and power, others have said it hurts MPG, but improves power. Either way, it seems a better exhaust will improve power and possibly affect MPG.

I drive with a fairly light foot and mostly on the highway and average 43MPG most days. My Yaris is stock, but I am open to doing an aftermarket exhaust, provided it doesn't sound like bad rice and seriously hurt MPG. I wouldn't mind the few extra HP for a little help in the passing lane. If I go aftermarket, I plan to leave the intake stock and drop in a K&N filter. Maybe a header is fine, but I plan to leave the cats and resonator intact and possibly add an additional resonator after the stock one. There is a local custom exhaust shop that can do the work and I would ask them to follow the stock piping, but go up to a 2" pipe vs the stock 1.75" pipe (I understand the cats and resonator use a 2" pipe) and route it to the factory flange at the rear axle. From there, I'll probably bolt on a Tanabe Medalion or Nitto (plan to buy from Micro Image) as those two seem to be the quietest mufflers. How does that sound for an exhaust set-up?

I am not expecting oh-my-god gains in HP or anything, but hope to have a little of both worlds: improved HP while being able to retain (or improve) MPG.
To be honest. Keep the stock exhaust for mpg. I usually have run about 3mpg less with my exhausts. Most of the fact that I love to listen to my exhaust. Plus the stock exhaust is better matched for low rpm performance.

A typical muffler shop will only crush-bend tubing. So their 2" tubing is typically smaller in the bends then your stock midpipe. So the only thing your getting is no improvement in exhaust flow and lower quality tubing that will rust out eventually.

I suggest a rear section exhaust for some power and sound and not throwing away all your mpg.

These motors really love a full exhaust so real gains in power can be realized
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak.

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #177
j-san
 
Drives: 2010 5-door hatchback
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
To be honest. Keep the stock exhaust for mpg. I usually have run about 3mpg less with my exhausts. Most of the fact that I love to listen to my exhaust. Plus the stock exhaust is better matched for low rpm performance.

A typical muffler shop will only crush-bend tubing. So their 2" tubing is typically smaller in the bends then your stock midpipe. So the only thing your getting is no improvement in exhaust flow and lower quality tubing that will rust out eventually.

I suggest a rear section exhaust for some power and sound and not throwing away all your mpg.

These motors really love a full exhaust so real gains in power can be realized
Thanks much for the advice. I may just look into getting a axle-back system like the Tanabe Medalion and leave the rest stock. Maybe have the shop weld in another resonator if I find the aftermarket muffler too noisy.
j-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #178
dekraberd
 
Drives: 2013 3Dr Super white
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Silver Spring, MD.
Posts: 48
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10149401_4180781214496_247067220_n.jpg (140.9 KB, 425 views)
dekraberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #179
salmanghiyas
Fugitive
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris 4 Door Hatch
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 86
what is the basic function of these cats ?
please suggest what option from below should i go, for the maximum HP gains .. regardless of fuel economy ..

1: remove both cats and resonator and put a straight down pipe of 2" or 2.25" ( please suggest which is better 2" or 2.25" ) till the end ...

2: keep the 1st cat and remove the second cat and the resonator and put a straight down pipe till the end ...


3: keep both cats and just remove the resonator and put a straight down pipe till the end ...

4: keep both cats and resonator just put a straight down pipe after the resonator till the end ...

5: remove both cats just keep the resonator and put a straight down pipe till the end ...
salmanghiyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #180
mario98c
 
mario98c's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 09 STD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,227
Remove both cats with 2" exhaust and magnaflow freeflow muffler
__________________
mario98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Installing Greddy TI-C Exhaust System redyaris DIY / Maintenance / Service 13 08-01-2009 05:05 AM
GReddy prototype = Free Exhaust! Chris_Lum California 30 02-27-2007 11:13 PM
Why is DTM exhaust thread closed? gr8yaris Performance Modifications 4 01-13-2007 12:01 PM
Fujitsubo Exhaust!! MC-BPT Sponsors Classifieds Area 17 11-16-2006 11:36 AM
Toyota Performance Exhaust for Yaris HB bigsky2 Performance Modifications 16 06-02-2006 11:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.