Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Middle East
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
tom.schavo

Drives: yet to buy
@marble bearing:

Will check that when i visit showroom again. Hey in Riyadh, where do we find brand new yaris showroom? I mean, i visited the Abdul Lateef Jameel toyota showroom, but did not find yaris there. Corolla was the last level car there.

Any inputs on this? I believe Syntax is from Riyadh, so he can pitch in.

Let me know where should i visit to check out this car.
tom.schavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
tom.schavo

Also tell me friends, in the price range of Toyota Yaris, is this car the best deal as compared to other company cards like nissan or mazda or others you know. If yes, then what makes you say that?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #21
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Hi Tom,

Let me share you my experience. I have owned a corolla and Yaris before then upgraded to RAv4.

Toyota here in KSA is like NOKIA in cellphones. Resale value is Great! In terms of Yaris resale value @ 4year period..yess you can still hit the 50% depends on the mileage and condition. But I cannot assure the 50% resale at 5 years like the corolla. On all the Toyota Car category, corolla has the best resale value. Nowadays, the AT is easier to sell than MT gear.

Since the implementation of Saher here in KSA, yes you are fine with the Yaris for long drive but not at above 140Kph as the body will waving with strong wind or passing a truck.

With regards to the maintenance and since you're buying it brand new, you don't have to worry on it. You can perform the regular maintenance out of agency/showroom if you're budget is tight.

You cannot compare the Yaris here to a camry or corolla. Engine alone has a big difference.

A/C in YARIS is above above average compared to other car like Hyundai and other European brands. The Corolla cools faster than the Yaris during hot summer. Nissan wins the cool chill here in car category!.

As you have mentioned in this thread that you're tall, I suggest you to do a test drive with the Yaris . Syntax can assist you on this. I am 6' and I'm fine with the yaris and still 2 clicks left on the yaris seat to move backward

If you are aiming for the Yaris here in KSA. Don't go for the FLEET model, aim with the Y model or package as it gives you comfort features for few bucks.

My 5 halala opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.schavo View Post
Hi all,

I am sure most of you are yaris fans out here. But please give me a serious advise.

I am currently in Saudi Arabia and plan to stay here for another 4 years probably. I have seen many cars of Toyota like corolla, camry etc, but all are above my budget.

Brand new Yaris fits my budget perfectly. But i have few doubts about it:

1) Can I easily travel 1000 kms in it without any issues? Like going from one city to another in Saudi Arabia by road in Yaris, is this cool with it?

2) Does it have a lot of maintenance? i am going for a brand new car, so anything on this front?

3) Does this car have resale value? I mean, after 4 years, if i get like 50% also, i am cool with it.

4) Is it anywhere close to in comparison with corolla or camry?

Let me know guys plzzzzzzzzzzzz,,i am in a confusion whether to buy this car or not!
ricepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
tom.schavo

@Ricepower:

That was great input, summarizing most of my doubts. let me go for the test drive as you said.

I heard Rav4 came out with 2WD and it already available in the showrooms. It is costing the same rate as Camry. Whats your input on Rav4 by the way?

Also, can you tell me which places to go for a test drive? i am new to Saudi, Riyadh, so don't know much of the showrooms. :-)
Old 09-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #23
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Lightbulb

Quote:
@Ricepower:

That was great input, summarizing most of my doubts. let me go for the test drive as you said.

I heard Rav4 came out with 2WD and it already available in the showrooms. It is costing the same rate as Camry. Whats your input on Rav4 by the way?

Also, can you tell me which places to go for a test drive? i am new to Saudi, Riyadh, so don't know much of the showrooms. :-)
I have a RAV withe below spec:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ricepower/rav4

2011 Rav4 AT 2WD GCC Spec
Model Code : ACA33L-ANPGKV
Engine : 2AZ-FE
Color : Blizzard Pearl (070)

All I can say RAV4 is fun to drive! An elevation upgrade from my YARIS..Bigger and roomier compartment. It was a quick decicion with my wife when we are at showroom as I was aiming for the Corolla 1.8L engine. SR 5k above from Corolla 1.8L . It's perfect for a family of 4 plus stroller and groceries

RAV4 is from Japan Plant as Camry is from Australia like Yaris. The Rav4 is closed to Camry and Furtuner 2WD(2.7L) in terms of pricing. Some people say in terms of price that:

If you buy camry consider the RAV4
If you buy Rav4 consider the Fortuner

Pricing below:
http://toyota.com.sa/en/modelsprices.asp?model_id=7

Hope it didnt increase your confusion. Check where it fits your budget and your driving comfort

Last edited by ricepower; 09-10-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Links added
ricepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #24
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
Quote:
@marble bearing:

Will check that when i visit showroom again. Hey in Riyadh, where do we find brand new yaris showroom? I mean, i visited the Abdul Lateef Jameel toyota showroom, but did not find yaris there. Corolla was the last level car there.

Any inputs on this? I believe Syntax is from Riyadh, so he can pitch in.

Let me know where should i visit to check out this car.
check out the toyota showroom along olaya st. near al imam saud ibn abdul aziz st., ( exit 9 left), today a new member just got his yaris from that showroom. if you need help going there, we can help you out.
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #25
marble_bearing

Drives: 2008 yaris y silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepower View Post
Hi Tom,

Let me share you my experience. I have owned a corolla and Yaris before then upgraded to RAv4.

Toyota here in KSA is like NOKIA in cellphones. Resale value is Great! In terms of Yaris resale value @ 4year period..yess you can still hit the 50% depends on the mileage and condition. But I cannot assure the 50% resale at 5 years like the corolla. On all the Toyota Car category, corolla has the best resale value. Nowadays, the AT is easier to sell than MT gear.

Since the implementation of Saher here in KSA, yes you are fine with the Yaris for long drive but not at above 140Kph as the body will waving with strong wind or passing a truck.

With regards to the maintenance and since you're buying it brand new, you don't have to worry on it. You can perform the regular maintenance out of agency/showroom if you're budget is tight.

You cannot compare the Yaris here to a camry or corolla. Engine alone has a big difference.

A/C in YARIS is above above average compared to other car like Hyundai and other European brands. The Corolla cools faster than the Yaris during hot summer. Nissan wins the cool chill here in car category!.

As you have mentioned in this thread that you're tall, I suggest you to do a test drive with the Yaris . Syntax can assist you on this. I am 6' and I'm fine with the yaris and still 2 clicks left on the yaris seat to move backward

If you are aiming for the Yaris here in KSA. Don't go for the FLEET model, aim with the Y model or package as it gives you comfort features for few bucks.

My 5 halala opinion...
marble_bearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #26
marble_bearing

Drives: 2008 yaris y silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax View Post
check out the toyota showroom along olaya st. near al imam saud ibn abdul aziz st., ( exit 9 left), today a new member just got his yaris from that showroom. if you need help going there, we can help you out.
marble_bearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
tom.schavo

Quote:

All I can say RAV4 is fun to drive! An elevation upgrade from my YARIS..Bigger and roomier compartment. It was a quick decicion with my wife when we are at showroom as I was aiming for the Corolla 1.8L engine. SR 5k above from Corolla 1.8L . It's perfect for a family of 4 plus stroller and groceries

RAV4 is from Japan Plant as Camry is from Australia like Yaris. The Rav4 is closed to Camry and Furtuner 2WD(2.7L) in terms of pricing. Some people say in terms of price that:

Pricing below:

Hope it didnt increase your confusion. Check where it fits your budget and your driving comfort
Yes man, now you are making me greedy. Just looked for some finance options and things are fitting in even for Rav4. :-)

So basic standard model of RAv4 is also cool?

And how about Yaris, which model, the top one?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #28
syntax

Quote:
Yes man, now you are making me greedy. Just looked for some finance options and things are fitting in even for Rav4. :-)

So basic standard model of RAv4 is also cool?

And how about Yaris, which model, the top one?
for a yaris, go for YX model, if sport edition is still available, get that one
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #29
tom.schavo

Quote:

Pricing below:

gosh, you are tempting me now with this RAV4 thing.

I got to be focused, need to stick to Yaris only!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #30
tom.schavo

Quote:
for a yaris, go for YX model, if sport edition is still available, get that one
yeah, would opt for the yx model. But any major difference between y and yx model?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #31
syntax

Quote:
yeah, would opt for the yx model. But any major difference between y and yx model?
http://toyota.com.sa/en/specs.asp?model_id=2

Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
tom.schavo

Quote:
There is not much of a difference between the fleet model and YX model except the CD player and few other things which can be ignored. What say?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #33
syntax

Quote:
There is not much of a difference between the fleet model and YX model except the CD player and few other things which can be ignored. What say?

fleet version has steelies and very narrow tires, no power windows and no cdplayer compared to a YX version, which has alloy wheels and a little bit wider tires, power windows, 60:40 rear seats and a cdplayer.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #34
tom.schavo

Quote:
fleet version has steelies and very narrow tires, no power windows and no cdplayer compared to a YX version, which has alloy wheels and a little bit wider tires, power windows, 60:40 rear seats and a cdplayer.
@syntax:

Whats 60: 40 rear seat? I read this on the specs too. Din't quite understand it.

And also, what is Cruise control?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #35
syntax

Quote:
@syntax:

Whats 60: 40 rear seat? I read this on the specs too. Din't quite understand it.

And also, what is Cruise control?
a foldable 60:40 rear seat, that goes thru the rear trunk ( so if you need to carry your skis with you , cruise control? the GCC version doest not have it, set the speed and just steer it kinda thing
Old 09-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #36
tristaned

Drives: Yaris 2011 Model - MT
Quote:
the 2011 fleet model (MT) also has a CD player with USB connector... i was also surprised to see this but i am very glad...
tristaned is offline   Reply With Quote