Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
clarenceie

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Fuel Injector O-ring leak?

I recently changed the spark plugs on my 07 Yaris and noticed evidence of a fuel leaking near the #1 cylinder. I took a sniff around that area and surely, it was gasoline... My guess is to replace the o-rings.

What's a good place to buy these o-rings?
I found on Rock auto a GB Remanufacturing 8024A, anyone use these? Do I need to buy 4? or does it already come with 4?

Any input to this repair is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
clarenceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I think that those GB kits are one per injector (i.e. x4 for a full set). I personally would stick with OEM for seals like that.

The OEM ones are: 90301-07037 for the o-ring (x4) and 23291-41010 for the vibration isolator (the rubber piece for the other end (x4).
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
clarenceie

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Sounds good. Thanks for your info and input CTScott! :)
clarenceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:31 AM   #4
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
I know this is an old thread but it is worth to mention it again.

Two weeks ago i replaced 4 new spark plugs (conventional ones) which i normally do about every 25-30k km.

During that time, i noticed the ignition coil boots were getting brittle but still in very usable condition. Being too OCD i replaced the coil boots after a week and during that time i noticed a strong smell of fuel around engine bay. I didnt pay much attention to it until i saw some fuel dripping from the fuel rail, scared me a lot.

This cannot be seen normally with the engine cover over the fuel rails and hiding it in plain sight.

There i decided to dismantle the fuel rail by first depressurizing the gas cap and carefully removing the fuel injectors and found 1 viton o-ring partially cut, the remaining 3 o-rings were good. I tried to install it back but it totally ripped the o-ring and causing huge fuel leak like a free-flowing water from a garden hose during testing.

Glad i was able to catch it on the right time and replace it with genuine o-rings and rubber vibration isolators near the nozzle. It could have been a disaster especially that it was leaking the fuel directly above the alternator.

The good side, it was the perfect time to clean them with my injector cleaning kit using 9 volt battery and throttle body canister. All injectors spray pattern were excellent.

I dont know if o-rings are prone to failure (mileage at 130k km only). I never heard of them failing at this early stage.

So, the next time you smell some fuel especially in the engine bay you should take the time to locate the source of leak.

Here in the desert Arabian climate i have seen countless cars burn and the main suspect is fuel leak.
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote