Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #37
dccurrent

Drives: Yaris 5 door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgenius007 View Post
Hi mates, I just bought a pair of SAT6 and I found it totally not fit into my 6.5" speaker. I have measured the SAT6 spacer's diameter, it was only 5"+, <6" in diameter... OMG

Can any one please show the photos of SAT6 with 6.5" speaker which has attached to your car?

Thanks and cheers..
Dude, I deadened my door, covered it in neoprene then deadened the outside, and left the easy part for last - speaker installation. Let me say that the SAT6 did not for for sh*t. They were a good 1/4 inch too small; maybe more. I don't know what types of 6.5 inch speakers are fitting in those rings but mine didn't even come close. I wound up having to carve them out of wood using the SAT6 as a stencil and then increasing the diameter of the inner ring.
dccurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #38
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
OK, I want some decent, cheap, direct fit, plug-and-play speaker replacements in my 08 LB, both front and back but mainly the front...any recommendations?

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #39
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
okay, i'm looking to make my system pound in this car. want deep base and good quality. i have installed systems in my dad and i know what im doing, never on my own car, it has to be perfect. lol. here is the catch....its 2010 rs hatch and i want the trunk still....any ideas without using a box? i was thinking putting a 14inch and take out the spare tire....thoughts? also i have never used a stock deck to power a system. can the stock yaris deck be used?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #40
ywkung
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris 2010 sport
the front speaker size is 6 1/2"
Do I have to care about the depth? and what is the depth ?
ywkung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #41
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
2" someone said. I'm planning on using a 1" spacer, hope that will fit with the plastic panel.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #42
Belladonna_07

Drives: Yaris sedan 07
Send a message via Yahoo to Belladonna_07
Belladonna_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #43
daddy2103

Drives: toyota yaris 2007 sol d4d 5p
excuse me for my english. i like to know how i change radio in my carf toyoyta yaris sol d4d year2007.
daddy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #44
daddy2103

Drives: toyota yaris 2007 sol d4d 5p
excuse me for my english. i like to know how i change radio in my car toyota yaris sol d4d year 2007.
daddy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #45
Falconeer
Bayou Blue Pearl.

Drives: Yaris 5D Liftback Full Options
I wuld like to do this too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
okay, i'm looking to make my system pound in this car. want deep base and good quality. i have installed systems in my dad and i know what im doing, never on my own car, it has to be perfect. lol. here is the catch....its 2010 rs hatch and i want the trunk still....any ideas without using a box? i was thinking putting a 14inch and take out the spare tire....thoughts? also i have never used a stock deck to power a system. can the stock yaris deck be used?
I wuld like to do this too!

BUMP!
BOSCH 8000k HID Headlights, BOSCH 8000k HID Fog Lights. BOSCH Horn. 30% tint all round. 70% Tint mirror-finish tint on front wind shield. TRD Leather Shift Knob, Leather Steering Wheel, TRD Emblem. Height adjustable driver's seat is cool! and... That great armrest from ebay
Falconeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 AM   #46
jonimac

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to jonimac
Ideally... For me I took out first the OEM speakers to have the actual size of them as sample. You can bring one or two as like and have them match for your replacements, with this you can actually see the difference and decide which or which not FITS. Besides, you would still take out the OEM spkrs for replacements, why not bring them.

Just an idea anyway.
jonimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #47
DailyDriver

Drives: 3dr Lftback (meteorite) Manual
yaris2010RS,

You will be looking at some fun custom work. You can use the stock HU but you will need to run that signal to, ideally, a 4 channel amp that will run your front and back speaks. Then you will want to run a monoblock amp to your sub. The trickiest part will be matching up all the wires coming out of the stock HU. It will just take some time.

Aftermarket HU's are built to just plug and play. you just run RCA cables to your amps.

If you go with the two amps, you will need to find places to mount both of them and your sub. And if you want it to really thump your will want to look for a place to install a capacitor also. You may have run into capacitors on past installs with your dad. If not, so you know, it will help your system to have all necessary power it needs for optimal sound output right when it needs it. it will do this without placing unnecessary strain on your battery.

If you are really looking for a system that "pounds" those pieces are a minimum. And use a set of component speakers up front. You will not regret using this setup.

Last edited by DailyDriver; 04-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #48
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm going to disagree with Daily Driver...a cap is not a necessity. Caps do NOT provide power, they store it. Now, if you want POWER, get aftermarket alternator from one of several manufacturers. Mechman, Ohio Generator, Iraggi, Powerbastards...

Also, do the Big 3 upgrade first before making any hasty decisions.

There is also more specifics to uncover about just slapping amps in. Some amplifiers that you might want to use might not have line level inputs. In that case you're going to need a Line Output Converter. There are many out there from the $20 all the way up to the $1000 range.

Within the same subject for this thread, here's two videos of the integrated radio being removed and an aftermarket wiring harness being prepped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N2Y5YIdoL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xySrP...eature=related

Last edited by sqcomp; 05-01-2010 at 09:16 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #49
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Here's a couple pictures of what the BEST kit (Ai) looks like with and without a radio in it:

Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #50
DailyDriver

Drives: 3dr Lftback (meteorite) Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm going to disagree with Daily Driver...a cap is not a necessity. Caps do NOT provide power, they store it. Now, if you want POWER, get aftermarket alternator from one of several manufacturers. Mechman, Ohio Generator, Iraggi, Powerbastards...
I agree with sqcomp. My point was that a cap makes power available because it stores it. I didn't clarify.

sq that HU is SICK!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
skoolafish

Drives: 2008 Polar White Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Here's a couple pictures of what the BEST kit (Ai) looks like with and without a radio in it:

hi...really sorry for the dumb question but...

the silverish part surrounding your best kit, is that the piece that comes with the car or did you have to buy that?

i ask because i look closely at mine all the time and it does not look like it can be separated from the part that houses the heat/ac dials.
further, the stock stereo doesnt look like it can be taken out
skoolafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #52
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

You probably have an integrated unit...which mine came with as well. I simply purchased a Toyota double DIN bezel and used an aftermarket 1 DIN kit. I took it a little farther than most though by sealing up the annoying pocket and color matching it to the car.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #53
skoolafish

Drives: 2008 Polar White Yaris Sedan
ah a bezel. thank you. so with integrated unit, that part is seperate from the bottom part with the AC controls?
skoolafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #54
aareyn

Drives: yaris sedan
I'm buying an '11 yaris sedan tomorrow, but I still have my system from the '01 mazda protege I sold. I love my boston acoustic speakers, and my back 6x9's will fit, but is there anyway my front 4x6's will fit? I would prefer not to buy new speakers if I don't have to. If this is answered elsewhere, first post, joined today, sorry.
aareyn is offline   Reply With Quote