Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
suprf1y

Drives: 05 Echo
2005 Echo hatch

Time to move on from the Echo.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1517891778

A trade would be ideal, but I'm tired of answering questions and I want it gone
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
I checked out the listing. Sweet car. And, a great deal. Good luck selling it. It's rare to find one with such low kms and in such great shape. I'd likely be all over that if I lived a bit closer and hadn't just picked up another project car. Happy to help promote it on my Instagram page if you want. Let me know if you'd like me to.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
suprf1y

I've been a car guy all my life, buying, building, selling and I've never had so many flakes as I have with this car.

It's going back to stock and I'll be selling everything separately
Old 08-18-2020, 07:00 AM   #4
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y View Post
I've been a car guy all my life, buying, building, selling and I've never had so many flakes as I have with this car.

It's going back to stock and I'll be selling everything separately
Sorry, not familiar with "flakes" in this context. I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you've had troubles?

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 08-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
suprf1y

People showing a great deal of interest, asking a lot of questions, working out a deal, then they either disappear or after making arrangements they don't sow up to look at the car.

One guy went on for a day with a million questions. We worked out a price, and a time to make the deal. He texted me throughout the day, then said he's leaving early from work. He texted me 'supposedly' as he was on his way, complaining about traffic. Just about the time he was supposed to get to my house - a 2hr drive, he texts me and says he got a good deal on a bike so he has to pass on the car

It gets better.

I get a text this morning. Is the car still for sale (I pulled the ad because of flakes)? I'm texting on behalf of my son, he's interested in the car. We had some back and forth, but I recognized the way he texted
So I took something out of the deal that only that previous guy would know. He fell for it, I called him on it, and he admitted he was that guy.

After what I said to him I would be surprised if he contacts me back

There's always some of that but I've never seen it like I have as with this car.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:12 PM   #6
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y View Post
People showing a great deal of interest, asking a lot of questions, working out a deal, then they either disappear or after making arrangements they don't sow up to look at the car.

One guy went on for a day with a million questions. We worked out a price, and a time to make the deal. He texted me throughout the day, then said he's leaving early from work. He texted me 'supposedly' as he was on his way, complaining about traffic. Just about the time he was supposed to get to my house - a 2hr drive, he texts me and says he got a good deal on a bike so he has to pass on the car

It gets better.

I get a text this morning. Is the car still for sale (I pulled the ad because of flakes)? I'm texting on behalf of my son, he's interested in the car. We had some back and forth, but I recognized the way he texted
So I took something out of the deal that only that previous guy would know. He fell for it, I called him on it, and he admitted he was that guy.

After what I said to him I would be surprised if he contacts me back

There's always some of that but I've never seen it like I have as with this car.
Typical Craigslist BS. I occasionally sell stuff on CL (but never a car) and have dealt with my share of flakes. I just don't understand the mentality. It's bad enough they're wasting my time but why waste their own time. How does one benefit from being a moron on CL? I don't get it.

GLWS
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:10 PM   #7
06YarisRS

Ah. I see. I've sold many items on kijiji (Canadian version of Craigslist) and have experience my share of flakes too. I guess some people are simple minded and have a need to be paid attention to and find an avenue in classifieds. Sad. Many people think very little about wasting others' time. I get your frustration. I figured because of the type of car and the condition that you would have had a lot of interest by serious buyers.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
Typical Craigslist BS. I occasionally sell stuff on CL (but never a car) and have dealt with my share of flakes. I just don't understand the mentality. It's bad enough they're wasting my time but why waste their own time. How does one benefit from being a moron on CL? I don't get it.
Couldn't agree more. I sell a lot of things on Craigslist, and I experience frustrating interactions more than not. Nevertheless, just about everything sells in the end.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:16 PM   #9
suprf1y

I typically have very few problems.

Same guy just contacted me again... So where are we on price?
Old 08-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #10
91mustang

Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed
I’d mark the price up for him wasting your time. Say, 500?
91mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #11
suprf1y

That's exactly what I did.

I didn't answer him that day and when he contacted me the next day I gave him the 'revised' price and told him, you know the numbers, you have my address, I will be here all day. There will be no further discussion.

He got mad at me for being so nasty. At least he stopped bugging me.