Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
tuppy

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Tail fuse keeps blowing.

Hello. I'm looking for help troubleshooting a fuse that keeps blowing on a 2008 Yaris. It's due for inspection, and while looking it over I discovered that the license plate light was out. A new bulb didn't work, so the fuse was the next place I checked. Sure enough it was blown, but when replaced the new fuse blew as soon as the headlights were switched on.

I took out the rear running light bulbs, which I believe are also on the same fuse, and with those 3 bulbs out a new fuse blew right away again. I've taken the tail light assemblies out and there isn't any obvious damage or burns on the wiring/harnesses immediately visible.

I'm not sure if I should suspect faulty wiring somewhere shorting out, or the control stalk on the steering column. I don't know if it matters, but the car has daytime running lights (though I think it's just the front headlights that are always on).

Troubleshooting an electrical problem like this isn't something I've really done before, but would like to if someone explains it to me.

Everything else I've checked is working. Reverse lights, turn signals, break lights. The car beeps with the lights on and door open, the dash lights and dimmer work. The dome light and light inside the back work.
Edit: I just realized that the parking lights aren't working (turning the headlight control up one click). I think this is the same fuse, but I'm not sure if it's the same bulbs as the front turn signals, which do work. Just wondering if I need to take out the headlight assemblies and inspect there too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by tuppy; 09-13-2021 at 04:37 PM.
tuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, fuse blown