Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
George_F

Drives: 2014 Toyota Yaris 4 Door
Motor Mounts

I've got a wonderful little low mileage (< 35,000 miles) 2014 Yaris 4 door. About two months ago a guy rammed into the driver's door while it was parked. Assessment was all cosmetic damage and I've got my car back and it seemed fine.

About a week ago I start my car and it made a noise I can only describe as roaring. When I shifted into drive and took the brake off the noise does get better. While driving the car is loud and vibrates (to the point where it looks like a ghost is jigging the mirror. I can reach over 60 on the highway, but the pickup feels funny. The noise, vibration, and pickup issues have persisted since they started two weeks ago.

I brought the car in to the shop and was told it was the motor mounts. I had two of the mounts replaced in 2018 as well as the automatic transmission mount and from my understanding motor mounts, especially on such a low mileage car, shouldn't need to be replaced. Is it possible the guy who rammed into my passenger door did something to the motor mounts?
George_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
You would think the persons Who did the initial assessment after the accident what I have found them if that were tru

But you were right I wouldn’t think they would need to be replaced At that time.

Perhaps some thing else has gone wrong maybe you should have it looked at again
Old 09-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #3
George_F

Drives: 2014 Toyota Yaris 4 Door
Thanks, bronsin! That was my hope, too; that if there was an issue the initial assessment after the accident would have caught it. I'll try to get a second pair of eyes on the car.
George_F is offline   Reply With Quote