Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
RMcG

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Hatchback
Rear seat removal instructions needed for 2008 base model Yaris hatchback

I need instructions for how to take the rear seat out of a 2008 base model Yaris hatchback. Unfortunately the rear carpet and the underlying pads are wet from a leak. So it looks like I will be forced to take out the rear seat to get the carpet and underlying pads up/out and dry. I have found instructions online for different Yaris models where the seats seem significantly different from what I have. Examples online I have found are for seats that are split and slide and have Torx bolts.

But the seat in this base model hatchback is not split and it does not slide: it is all one piece and does not move (slide). (This base model does not even have a rear windshield wiper.) Attached is a picture of the bolt attaching the front of the left side of the rear seat to the car floor. This bolt has a simple, common hex nut head. (This bolt goes through the area of the carpet that is wet). There is another similar bolt on the other (right) side. I can feel, but not see one or two bolts that are behind the seat.

QUESTIONS: Does anybody know where I can get instructions for removing the rear seat from a 2008 base model Yaris hatchback?

Is it a big, difficult job?

Any other tips will be appreciated.

Thank you,

R.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YarisRearSeatBoltPic.jpg (87.7 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by RMcG; 01-18-2021 at 09:23 PM.
RMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructions, rear, removal, seat