Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Cruise Control - 07/08 Sedan - Instrument Cluster

Hey guys...

Has anyone taken apart a 07 or 08 Sedan instrument cluster too see if the PCB traces are there for the CC indicator and obviously just missing the LED and resistor?

I would assume the hatchbacks cluster w/tach is still slightly different from a design point then the Sedan of the same year..

I am looking at making a $40.00 gamble with a local scrap yard and pick one up and take it apart..

Thought it would be best to first check here first...

Thanks guys!
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have - They are not there. Further more, the pre-09 cluster does not send the CAN bus message to the ECM to request the status of cruise control, like the 09+ does.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Hi Scott.. This is so weird.. If I understand it, even if the instrument cluster did have the needed circuitry, when the user would toggle on the CC, the ECu would not send the data signal to the combination meter to turn on the CC led on the cluster?

Also, did you ever notice this members post from 2006 where he changed out his clusters LED to all blue, and he has the CC indicator!. His user info indicates he owns a 07 Sedan, but he has two threads and one looks like the car is a hatch... This is getting weirder and weirder..

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2928

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=led

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have - They are not there. Further more, the pre-09 cluster does not send the CAN bus message to the ECM to request the status of cruise control, like the 09+ does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC_Combinatin Meter.jpg (75.1 KB, 57 views)
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Hi Scott.. This is so weird.. If I understand it, even if the instrument cluster did have the needed circuitry, when the user would toggle on the CC, the ECu would not send the data signal to the combination meter to turn on the CC led on the cluster?

Also, did you ever notice this members post from 2006 where he changed out his clusters LED to all blue, and he has the CC indicator!. His user info indicates he owns a 07 Sedan, but he has two threads and one looks like the car is a hatch... This is getting weirder and weirder..

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2928

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=led
Cruise was a factory option on Sedans prior to 09, so the ECM, which was common to both Sedans and LBs supported it. Both of his threads show a Sedan cluster.

I really expected the ECM to send a message to the cluster, but found that to not be the case. The ECM actually has to be polled for the cruise status, which includes not just the stalk functions, but also the status of the brake cancel, clutch cancel, etc.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Vinceb

Drives: 2008 5 Speed Sedan
I've looked at it, with a flashlight from the front, can't find anything that relates to a cruise control icon on the cluster. I installed the after-market kit. didn't look like there was anything under the dash to support cruise, and then I found these forums and the home made cruise.... Toyota told me that Cruise was an add on to my 08 sedan, said I couldn't get it to come pre-installed - could have just been the sales guy.
Vinceb is offline   Reply With Quote