Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Back to the forum!

Hi all. I used to post here (looks like I literally joined 3 years ago) I think I got my yaris March 09, so its birthday is coming up!

Anyway, I feel like I've neglected my car and my car knowledge a bit. I went in for 30,000 maintenace and felt like a total noob getting taken advantage of. They recommended a brake fluid flush, other brake work, and some other stuff. I took the brake work (something about cleaning and replacement) But none of the fluid work. I've been googling and reading the forum again for info to see if i really need it.

I want to start posting/reading the forum again, so I just wanted to say hi. I was wondering how many people consistently stay on and keep up with the forum? I cant believe my last posts were 2 years ago in 2010!

But of course I drive my car all the time. So out of all the stupid things I do on the internet, a car forum should be something I stick with!

I want to keep my car as long as possible so I hope I havent missed too many important things.

Off to go read the forum! Sorry for the random post. I guess my point was to just wonder how many people have stayed on this forum for years and actually keep up?? I want to force myself to do it again since my car is so important to me!
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
not to sound like an asshole to you or anyone else, but I think there is a huge chunk of members here that come here and ask information and once they get that information, they disappear. When a concern is involved, they come back again and leave again.

Kind of like sucking information out of people w/o mingling and giving anything back. "Using People"...
Just mingle...it can be anything.

Anyhow, welcome back and I hope you stick around and receive/give helpful information or just share pictures/thoughts about the car you drive.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I understand. Its true the reason I came back to the forum was to read about the car maintenace they suggested I do.

But I USED to mingle lol. Pretty much my first year of ownership I think I regularly checked the forum and posted. Felt longer than a year but o well. I'm still friends with and talk to someone I met because of the forum (he was a tinter recommended to me) I've lost contact contact with another friend I used to hang out with that I met through here. So I had a bit of a social life through this forum!

I want to read here more because like I said, even though I'm not a "car person" I obviously use my car every day and its a huge thing in my life. It weirds me out to rely on something so much, but know very little about it. I just dont want to be one of those people.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
But Kioshi, I guess that's OK too if people just want to hang out for info and leave. It also makes the board better more info and more beneficial to all... (not that I don't see your point )

Not everybody has the time to hang out and make online friends - children, jobs, etc. can suck *** all *** your time :(

[Speaking of hanging out, I have to at the very least detail my Yaris and show up at one of the Northern Cal meets one of these days...

It's been hard for me too to find the time to hang out , although I do delete the occasional thread of spam... ]

Sorry about the threadjack OP. :)

We know how it is. Welcome back. Hang out while you can, it's all good :D
Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i don't think it is possible for people to consistently pay attention to the same forum for years on end. Groups of people come through constantly, and a few stay. Besides the mods, who give their time to be tortured by us, and Garm, who sells us all great stuff, I think their might be 3 or 4 people that always seem to be around, at most. And even a year or two ago I would have said that number was double.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Yup, I am still here. 2.5 years since my little echo was totaled.

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote