Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #19
le_butters

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
Well I got my yaris Thursday.
Did an oil change Saturday. Used mobile 1 5w-20. And a mobile 1 oil filter.
Alignment friday. Front end and brakes are in great shape according to the the guys I use. (Been using them along time).
Washed the car and cleaned up inside yesterday as well. Went to take pictures and birds pooped on it before I could get good photos :( been working since so have to wait till I can get another good wash in.
I've been reading the threads on hypermilling and what to do to increase gas mileage. Really debating getting the scanguage e or ii. I want to get the best possible mileage. Just can't bring myself to do some of the stuff. Shutting the car down driving isn't on the to do list. And I need the scanguage for some of the techniques.
So in the coming couple of days I'm about to be doing a lot of driving. going to see my my buddy 80 miles south and then taking him to get his truck which is 4 hour drive from him. So alot to drive. Going to keep all my receipts and calculate my mpg driving as close to granny as possible. Still plan on doing 70-80 mph tho which I know will hurt me.
Sorry again for long wind posts but I would like to become a educated member here and learn what I can so I figured post what I'm doing and get advice based on what I'm doing.
Thanks everyone

Probably sent from my German Shepherd
le_butters is offline   Reply With Quote