Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Fuel pump upgrade...

I've been PMing Adam (06YarisRS) about some possible fuel upgrade options for the Yaris. He turboed his 2ZR, so I was wondering if he had upgraded his fuel pump, and was also wondering what he used if he did upgraded. Come to find out, he's also looking for a more robust fuel pump to replace his system.
Since I think my fuel pump is about due to be replaced, finding out from another 08 Yaris owner that I met at a car meet recently had to get his replaced, I thought I might as well look for something stronger since I plan on doing an engine swap later on.

In my search of DIYs in preparation for the fuel pump swap, I came across some interesting finds. I don't know when the change happened, but I believe that the fuel pump differ in the later models after 08. I'm using this link just as a visual representation of the earlier models fuel pump motor, I'm not advertising it's sale; https://www.amazon.com/Bernard-Berth.../dp/B07HQ4ZLR2

In this video that I found, the guys shows the difference in the pump motor housing between an 08 and a later model; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCXMP5vSW8&t=160s
At 1:34 he showed the two similar, but different housings. The later version has a longer neck at the bottom, and it uses a pump motor that's not straight through. At 2:40 he shows that you could purchase just the pump motor housing, but he said he doesn't recommend replacing just that. Seeing that you could replace just the pump motor housing sparked an idea in my mind. I will discuss in a bit.
In this thread, https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38326 in post #4 by CTScott, he shows a different housing than the earlier models, and the pump is also different, refer to the visual aid linked above. This coincides with the video linked above. CTScott supposedly has/had an 09 Yaris, that's something to keep in mind.
I don't know if there's a fuel rating difference between the two pumps, but I think the latter is easier to upgrade.

The spark that I was talking about earlier is a fuel pump housing swap to make things simpler, which will explain my train of thoughts in the following discussion.
Digging further into things I've noticed that the supposedly 2013 RAV4 in this video uses the same basket size as the Yaris with the addition of an elbow at the bottom side; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEIbRqdMyKk&t=189s
If I'm not mistaken, the 2013 RAV4 in America uses a 2AR-FE 2.5L I4 engine. What I can't seem to find is the fuel pump rating, and how is it compared to the later model Yaris, which seems to use the same pump motor. Are they in fact the same? Or does the RAV4 have more oomph?

My journey brings me deeper in the rabbit hole, when I came across the Venza's fuel pump, the Venza used the 1AR-FE 2.7L I4 or the 2GR-FE 3.5L V6 engines! The basket looks to be similar in size as the Yaris, but the pump motor housing is ginormous! Again, this is just for visual aid, not advertising sale; https://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Assembly.../dp/B07NQDSRKF
I know you're going to say, that basket is completely different. Ah! But remember, what I'm after is just the fuel pump motor housing swap. If you look closely, the fuel pump housing clips, which secures it in the basket, are on the same spots as the stock Yaris.
Ok, let's say the Venza fuel pump motor housing does fit, but how do you secure the hose to the Yaris' top canister? This part is what I'm not sure about neither. I believe that the hoses are heat shrunk to stay in place. I don't know if they can be heated up and be removed, then heated up again to secure them. I could buy a new hose; https://www.racetronix.biz/c/fuel-pu...s-plastic/c649, but I don't know what the correct size is.

A distant option is the fuel pump from a Ford Taurus which also has a 3.5L V6. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-A...M/253463997005
If you look closely, the securing clips also appears to lineup with the stock Yaris' basket.

I thought maybe I'd share this. I know the links that I sent are not of OEM parts, but like I said, all I'm after right now is the housing that would fit in the Yaris basket, and could buy an OEM or a known brand for that vehicle.

Share your thoughts.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
This is great! I will be following this and contributing if I can. I think you are on to some great possibilities here. I don't know if I mentioned in our messaging that Rockauto lists the specs for most Delphi pumps per application. I could do a little legwork there for you if you want. Something that I did not mention - that my tuner did when I first had my car dyno tuned - is using a voltage booster to increase the stock pump capacity. We turned out not needing more fuel. Personally, I like your approach of upgrading pumps as I feel pushing the stock pump beyond it's normal duty cycle is less than desirable. I'd feel more comfortable with a higher capacity pump.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-06-2021 at 08:36 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
06YarisRS

Toyota Yaris Fuel Pump Specs

Neinris, please let me know if you feel the info is pertinent. If not, I don't want to steer the thread off in a direction that you hadn't intended. I can remove or edit anything I post.

Note that the 2007 pump has an amp draw and 5.68A and a max pressure of 50 PSI. The 2009 pump has an amp draw of 10.68A and a max pressure of 100 PSI. The 2007 pump delivers 29 GPH and, oddly, the 2009 pump delivers 26 GPH. Since they are both Delphi pumps, I would expect the spec criteria would be the same. I am not sure if this actually means that the 2009 is a more robust pump capable of delivering more fuel at higher pressure. All pumps below run on a 44 PSI system pressure.

Here are the specs for a 2007 Delphi fuel pump:

Here are the specs for a 2009 Delphi fuel pump:

I wish there were specs on the pump body dimensions (diameter and length) published. The specs above are from RockAuto, but I also found data on the Delphi website:

https://partcat.com/delphi?_ga=2.171...291.1615083772

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-12-2021 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #4
Neinris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Toyota Yaris Fuel Pump Specs

Neinris, please let me know if you feel the info is pertinent. If not, I don't want to steer the thread off in a direction that you hadn't intended. I can remove or edit anything I post.

Note that the 2007 pump has an amp draw and 5.68A and a max pressure of 50 PSI. The 2009 pump has an amp draw of 10.68A and a max pressure of 100 PSI. The 2007 pump delivers 29 GPH and, oddly, the 2009 pump delivers 26 GPH. Since they are both Delphi pumps, I would expect the spec criteria would be the same. I am not sure if this actually means that the 2009 is a more robust pump capable of delivering more fuel at higher pressure. All pumps below run on a 44 PSI system pressure.

Here are the specs for a 2007 Delphi fuel pump:

Here are the specs for a 2009 Delphi fuel pump:

For comparison purposes, here are the specs for the 2013 RAV4 (2.5L) Delphi fuel pump:

I wish there were specs on the pump body dimensions (diameter and length) published. The specs above are from RockAuto, but I also found data on the Delphi website:

https://partcat.com/delphi?_ga=2.171...291.1615083772
Yes! These are very pertinent information. Thanks Adam! I guess normal operation they all pump at 44psi? The RAV4 is obviously the best pump of the three, it’s well rounded. I’m not even sure if going beyond that is even necessary. Thanks to your link I checked out the Venza’s fuel pumps, the 2.7L I4 and 3.5L V6 DO NOT share the same assembly. The info for the 2.7L (the one that I was going to experiment with) is incomplete, doesn’t mention the max pressure, but it says current draw average 10A, and average flow rating is 40gph. The RAV4 still beats it. And for the 3.5L V6, average current draw 8A, average flow rating 65gph, max pressure 80psi. It’s slight better than the RAV4, but the pump(motor) housing(canister) won’t work with the Yaris’ fuel pump assembly basket. So that’s out of the equation.
So, I believe that if you have the 09 Yaris fuel pump module assembly, you can drop in the RAV4 fuel pump motor. This is where the experiment starts. Maybe have the part store bring both motors out and compare dimensions. As far as filter, just used what’s made for that motor.

For the 08 and below, I don’t know what would be more cost effective, buying the 09 assembly and then getting the RAV4 motor, or just buy the RAV4 assembly and Frankenstein the basket with the top canister? But that involves having to unplug the hoses and swapping them. Not sure how to properly secure them afterwards???

Any more thoughts Adam? Thank you very much for your input. It narrowed down what I want to do.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:45 PM   #5
06YarisRS

Just did some more checking at rockauto. Both the 2007 and 2009 use the same whole assembly (ULTRA-POWER SP9031M). So, that's a bit confusing.

On another note, here is something interesting:

Using the Delphi link I provided above, I looked at pumps for the Corolla (a 2011). Interestingly, it lists 2 engines (1.8L and 2.4L). Both use the same pump (FGO938). So, it would seem that the pump is robust - certainly for the 1.8 application. Now, if one compares the specs of the Yaris and Corolla pumps, they're not terribly far off in specs. The 2009+ Yaris pump does seem to be more powerful that the 2009- pumps. But, the 2009- pumps state 29 GPH, whereas the 2009+ is 26 GPH. Maybe our stock pumps are strong enough for a turbo application. I am concerned a bit though, as CTScott mentioned 10 psi boost as about the max for the stock pump, and he was referring to the 2009+ pump, I assume. My tuner said my fueling was perfectly fine, but I'd rather not run my pump at the ragged edge. The above said, if all this pans out - aka the RAV4 pump will indeed fit in a 2009+ housing, that might be my best approach.

It's too bad that CaliYaris's post in the CTScott thread didn't still have the pics. He says that he installed a Walbro 255 with "minor modifications". Then Kou recommends the "190lph for the MR2 or corolla 255lph", stating that they should fit. All so confusing. lol

I wish I knew more about the pump specs. The GPH figure is probably free-flowing and, as such, may not be a valuable spec at all.

Anyway, Corolla pump spec:

And 2009- Yaris pump:

Old 03-07-2021, 01:50 AM   #6
Neinris

Confusion solved?

Quote:
Just did some more checking at rockauto. Both the 2007 and 2009 use the same whole assembly (ULTRA-POWER SP9031M). So, that's a bit confusing.

On another note, here is something interesting:

Using the Delphi link I provided above, I looked at pumps for the Corolla (a 2011). Interestingly, it lists 2 engines (1.8L and 2.4L). Both use the same pump (FGO938). So, it would seem that the pump is robust - certainly for the 1.8 application. Now, if one compares the specs of the Yaris and Corolla pumps, they're not terribly far off in specs. The 2009+ Yaris pump does seem to be more powerful that the 2009- pumps. But, the 2009- pumps state 29 GPH, whereas the 2009+ is 26 GPH. Maybe our stock pumps are strong enough for a turbo application. I am concerned a bit though, as CTScott mentioned 10 psi boost as about the max for the stock pump, and he was referring to the 2009+ pump, I assume. My tuner said my fueling was perfectly fine, but I'd rather not run my pump at the ragged edge. The above said, if all this pans out - aka the RAV4 pump will indeed fit in a 2009+ housing, that might be my best approach.

It's too bad that CaliYaris's post in the CTScott thread didn't still have the pics. He says that he installed a Walbro 255 with "minor modifications". Then Kou recommends the "190lph for the MR2 or corolla 255lph", stating that they should fit. All so confusing. lol

I wish I knew more about the pump specs. The GPH figure is probably free-flowing and, as such, may not be a valuable spec at all.

Anyway, Corolla pump spec:

And 2009- Yaris pump:

I guess that there was a changed implemented in the later year of 09.
O'Reilly shows two different motors available for the 09: https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/f...9/toyota/yaris
Don't know why they're so expensive though?
And RockAuto shows two different types of motors for the 09 as well: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256
And only shows one type of motor for the 2010: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256

I guess that might have solved that confusion.

It's interesting that you brought up the 2011 Corolla, I didn't even look into that. I just looked in RockAuto as to what it looks like, and it's the same as the 09- (I'm referring to the early 09 and below years):
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256
So, is this the more viable route for the 09- Yaris?
And I guess it's the 2013 RAV4 for the 09+ Yaris?
Which one will you go for?

Still wondering if the RAV4's fuel pump motor will work in the 09+ Yaris?
Here's a picture from RockAuto, comparison of the 2010 Yaris fuel pump and 2013 RAV4 respectively:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris 2010 fuel pump motor.jpg (27.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 RAV4 Fuel pump motor.jpg (21.1 KB, 114 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 02:47 AM   #7
Neinris

Hmmm...

OK... WOW more confusion thrown into the mix. So apparently there are two different fuel pumps for the 2013 RAV4, the FWD and AWD. I just realized that the one that I've looking at to compare with the Yaris is the FWD pump, but the specification that has been discussed previously is from the AWD! The FWD specs from Delphi is incomplete, current draw is 10amp, doesn't say what the GPH, and max PSI. So right now, I don't know if the AWD pump motor will fit in the 09+ Yaris, but it seem that the FWD pump motor does, but still not confirmed.
I guess back on the drawing board for that one.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:57 AM   #8
06YarisRS

Did you see this thread? Kou looks like he just strapped a Walbro (EDIT: an AEM pump) into the lower assembly.

https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...rket+fuel+pump

I do wonder if just strapping on a fuel pump that's more powerful has other implications. It's a longshot, but I think I'll try messaging Kou.

Kou's setup pic. Not sure if this was set up as a return style system.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-07-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #9
Neinris

Quote:
Did you see this thread? Kou looks like he just strapped a Walbro (EDIT: an AEM pump) into the lower assembly.

https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...rket+fuel+pump

I do wonder if just strapping on a fuel pump that's more powerful has other implications. It's a longshot, but I think I'll try messaging Kou.
OH WOW! What the heck is that a grenade? I definitely blows my thread away!

I like it, it gives everyone a really broad option.
I was just looking for a "drop in" replacement, but damn this took it overboard of what I was thinking. I guess I forgot to think outside the box. My cousin has a 255LPH pump laying around that he's not using. I didn't think about just strapping it with zip ties in the basket. I guess the thing that I was worried about was service support? Like if you have to replace the filter or something, could you go to the local auto part store if you need it right away? That might be trivial though.

On another note, I've done a visual comparison of the two RAV4 fuel pumps, FWD vs AWD. they appear to be identical, just one delivers more than the other, hence why it cost more.

Here's are the pictures courtesy of RockAuto FWD and AWD respectively:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 RAV4 FWD pump motor.jpg (23.3 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 RAV4 AWD pump motor.jpg (17.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 10:59 AM   #10
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
OH WOW! What the heck is that a grenade? I definitely blows my thread away!

I like it, it gives everyone a really broad option.
I was just looking for a "drop in" replacement, but damn this took it overboard of what I was thinking. I guess I forgot to think outside the box. My cousin has a 255LPH pump laying around that he's not using. I didn't think about just strapping it with zip ties in the basket. I guess the thing that I was worried about was service support? Like if you have to replace the filter or something, could you go to the local auto part store if you need it right away? That might be trivial though.

On another note, I've done a visual comparison of the two RAV4 fuel pumps, FWD vs AWD. they appear to be identical, just one delivers more than the other, hence why it cost more.

Here's are the pictures courtesy of RockAuto FWD and AWD respectively:
Haha, a "grenade" as it might blow up?

I guess I didn't read his post thoroughly enough. It is a return style system. So, I think that would need a separate fuel pressure regulator, would it not? I know nothing about return vs returnless systems but will do some reading.

The above said, I like your ideas of installing a more serviceable setup.

Do you think you're going to try your cousins Walbro 255 in your car? I wonder if it could be used with the stock system - aka, returnless, or if, for that pump, you'd need a return style system.

EDIT: Check this out. It speaks of how the pump can overpower the stock FPR (on a Miata), causing the car to run rich. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem for me as I could pull fuel in the adversely affected portions of my map.

https://fab9tuning.com/walbro-255lph-fuel-pump/

And, some Walbro specs:

http://autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fpspecs.html

I wonder if the Walbro 155 would be sufficient. I expect it would:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9350A/1986-...lbro-Fuel-Pump

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-07-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:31 AM   #11
06YarisRS

Returnless vs Return Systems

Just a little info for others following the thread:

Return system.

https://help.summitracing.com/app/an...NmenFRJTIxJTIx

Returnless System.

https://help.summitracing.com/app/an...tail/a_id/5244

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-07-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:49 PM   #12
Neinris

Good info...

Thanks yet again Adam for sharing all those information and doing most of the research. More specifically about the fuel pressure regulator potential issue. But I don't think that's much of an issue, because with this non return style, the FPR that came along with the pump which is also in the basket. Or if you're going to drop in a different pump motor, ie. from a Corolla, then you should use the Corolla FPR. That should solve that problem.

I want to keep mine non return style, so I don't think I'll be strapping in the 255LPH motor that my cousin has laying around. I'm all about keeping this simple and making it user friendly for everyone.

I watched the MCM turboed Yaris again, and come to find out they kept the stock fuel pump!!! You can start at 13:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6D9pB5Ig9Q

And they pushed their car to 200hp at the wheels, but broke the engine, I don't think from fuel issue, but mechanical, spun rod bearing if I remember correctly.

Some are probably asking, is it really worth going through all this hassle trying to figure out a fuel pump upgrade, when the stock one can handle up to 200hp, and maybe more? Most of us here in this community are not going to see 200hp at the wheels. But there are some out there that wants to push the envelope, and want to see what are the possibilities and other options.

In my opinion, if you want to push the limit of the engine in NA form, and want to upgrade your fuel pump motor, you can go with the 2011 Corolla pump motor and fuel pressure regulator. Apparently the 7th Gen Hilux also uses a similar motor, straight through type. That setup may very well be enough for 250hp, who knows.

The RAV4 route is what I'm probably going to experiment with, just for everyone entertainment.

I don't know if I should buy a used one for now, I see some from eBay for less than $65 USD, and they show what the vehicle that they pulled it from, if in fact they pulled it from that vehicle, I wanted to make sure it's the AWD version. Or, should I get an aftermarket one, that's just as cheap, but I won't know if it's the AWD version, because all it says is the year it work in.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #13
06YarisRS

Quote:
Thanks yet again Adam for sharing all those information and doing most of the research. More specifically about the fuel pressure regulator potential issue. But I don't think that's much of an issue, because with this non return style, the FPR that came along with the pump which is also in the basket. Or if you're going to drop in a different pump motor, ie. from a Corolla, then you should use the Corolla FPR. That should solve that problem.

I want to keep mine non return style, so I don't think I'll be strapping in the 255LPH motor that my cousin has laying around. I'm all about keeping this simple and making it user friendly for everyone.

I watched the MCM turboed Yaris again, and come to find out they kept the stock fuel pump!!! You can start at 13:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6D9pB5Ig9Q

And they pushed their car to 200hp at the wheels, but broke the engine, I don't think from fuel issue, but mechanical, spun rod bearing if I remember correctly.

Some are probably asking, is it really worth going through all this hassle trying to figure out a fuel pump upgrade, when the stock one can handle up to 200hp, and maybe more? Most of us here in this community are not going to see 200hp at the wheels. But there are some out there that wants to push the envelope, and want to see what are the possibilities and other options.

In my opinion, if you want to push the limit of the engine in NA form, and want to upgrade your fuel pump motor, you can go with the 2011 Corolla pump motor and fuel pressure regulator. Apparently the 7th Gen Hilux also uses a similar motor, straight through type. That setup may very well be enough for 250hp, who knows.

The RAV4 route is what I'm probably going to experiment with, just for everyone entertainment.

I don't know if I should buy a used one for now, I see some from eBay for less than $65 USD, and they show what the vehicle that they pulled it from, if in fact they pulled it from that vehicle, I wanted to make sure it's the AWD version. Or, should I get an aftermarket one, that's just as cheap, but I won't know if it's the AWD version, because all it says is the year it work in.

Any thoughts?
Check out post#23... I had forgotten all about this. It seems that an upgraded fuel pump can be used with a returnless system. A quote from that post:

" It wasn't that hard to convert the stock pump assembly to accept the Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. I don't remember what I did exactly but I believe all I had to do was wire in the connector pigtail for the wiring connector, strap the pump to the 'frame' with some zip ties and maybe use a length of fuel hose. The 340 pump is actually quite compact for what it is."

And,

"Yes my Yaris is no longer a return style fuel system it is a dead-head."

https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...gulator&page=2

Old 03-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #14
Neinris

Interesting...

Did ScarofCarma get back to you? What about a pic of his drop in fuel pump?
Old 03-07-2021, 01:25 PM   #15
06YarisRS

Quote:
Did ScarofCarma get back to you? What about a pic of his drop in fuel pump?
First...I want to be sure that I'm not taking your thread in the wrong direction. Do you want this to be a general thread on fueling upgrades, or more of a focus on the specific upgrade you're planning. Just let me know, and I can become more focused.

No, unfortunately. He sold that car and dropped off YW, afaik, before I got the pics.

Here's the specs of a pump from a 2008 (1ZZ-FE) Corolla. I think this would provide some extra fueling. It's really disappointing that these manufacturers don't list the pump body diameters.

Also, from additional reading, I don't think that a 1:1 FPR is necessary, as you suggested. I think we're barking up the right tree; upgrading the fuel pump only. I did email my tuner, so hopefully will hear back from him before too long.

EDIT: Just heard back from my tuner:

Here's my correspondence. (Will be updated as more responses come in):

Me: That's great, Brett. Thanks. I look forward to what you find out. I had another question about fueling. If I install a Walbro 190 or 155 pump, is there anything else I have to do to the system? It would require modifications to the basket, but I can do that. What I'm wondering about is do I need a different FPR? Will it throw my tune way off? I've read that guys have installed bigger fuel pumps in the Yaris and kept the returnless system. Others converted to a return system.

Brett (tuner): You should be fine with a fuel pump, I would suggest the 255hp, they are made to pop off at a higher pressure for boost application

Me: Great, thanks! What do you mean by "pop off"? Does that mean bypass at a certain pressure? I just figured that the best pump would be one that is the lowest output with headroom for my HP needs. The 255 is good for like up to 500+ HP. The 155 or 190 is good for up to 350+, I believe. What do you think of the Deatschwerks pumps or Aeromotive? And, no need for a 1:1 FPR or return style system, right?

Brett: Yes, many pumps will have a bypass at about 60-80psi, the 255hp pops at 110psi. I assume by 255hp, he means 255"lph".

Me: Thanks. So the stock pump in-tank regulator, which is 44 psi, would bypass at 44 psi, but I would get more volume of fuel delivery? There's no threat of overfueling with the upgraded pump?

Brett: You're close, the 44psi is your static regulated rail pressure, the pop off is there so the pump doesn't loose flow keeping up with regulated demand

Me: Perfect. So you don't see any problem with dropping in a bigger pump then? I have included a link, but I'd bet dollars to donuts you're already very familiar with this. You still think that the 255 is the way to go as opposed to the 190 or 155? I think either would provide more than enough fuel. I do wonder about my wiring as the stock pump draws around 6A. The 255 would be drawing around 9A (13.5V) at 44 psi, the 190 around 7A (13.5V) at 44 psi.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-07-2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #16
Neinris

For everyone...

I started this thread for everyone, it's not a build thread, so it's really free for all.

Remember the "High Flow Fuel" web site that I PMed you about? They show that the 2008 Corolla has the same motor can as to 09- Yaris.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/product...orolla~zp_1-8l

And here's a pic from RockAuto:
2008 1ZZ Corolla.jpg

If those stats are correct, I might ditch the RAV4 conversion if that's the case.

The 2008 1ZZ Corolla draws less current than the RAV4, has better average flow than the -09 Yaris, and has a higher max PSI than the RAV4!
I think we have a winner!!!
Old 03-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #17
06YarisRS

Quote:
I started this thread for everyone, it's not a build thread, so it's really free for all.

Remember the "High Flow Fuel" web site that I PMed you about? They show that the 2008 Corolla has the same motor can as to 09- Yaris.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/product...orolla~zp_1-8l

And here's a pic from RockAuto:
Attachment 61535

If those stats are correct, I might ditch the RAV4 conversion if that's the case.

The 2008 1ZZ Corolla draws less current than the RAV4, has better average flow than the -09 Yaris, and has a higher max PSI than the RAV4!
I think we have a winner!!!
Sounds promising. Here is an application guide for the Beck Arnley pump (152-0989). Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Corolla XRS come with the 2ZZ? If so, this pump must be quite strong.

I noticed that the Delphi pump for the same application seems physically longer than the Beck Arnley pump.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 03-07-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:19 AM   #18
Neinris

Quote:
Sounds promising. Here is an application guide for the Beck Arnley pump (152-0989). Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Corolla XRS come with the 2ZZ? If so, this pump must be quite strong.

I noticed that the Delphi pump for the same application seems physically longer than the Beck Arnley pump.
I noticed that as well about the Delphi pump. If you look at the picture again, it comes with a hose, spacers?, and clamps. I don't think it's a drop in replacement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delphi fuel pump.jpg (31.2 KB, 111 views)