Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Luck was on my side today

I was driving in Schenectady NY today and I got stopped by a flagger at a construction site.

Then I hear screeeech and crash Real loud..... I look in my mirror just in time to see the driver behind me whipping in his seat.

Yup the car behind me got rear ended hard. The flagger then directed traffic to go and I was the only one able to move.

I was lucky today.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
oo..Bob...I'm so glad you're ok!

Where've you been? I haven't seen you in a while..

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
:O god your lucky.

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Wow. For once it wasn't someone missing the little wee' Yaris!
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
yeh , makes the hair on your head stand up on end . Good to hear not worse situation and that yuor fine . Feel for the other person .

Last edited by gid; 01-20-2009 at 12:05 PM.
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Glad to hear you got lucky,i got nailed at the end of August and still feel it.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Glad you're okay.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
one time while driving the '99 Corolla an all wheel drive pickup coming up the opposite lane started to drift off the road , side swiped a telephone pole , bounced off , started towards my side at me ( so pulled car off to side of road as quick and far as possible ) , and when went past rolled over several times ( seen it in rear view mirror ) hitting a barn and came to a rest on it's passenger side on side of road partially against the barn ( rear wheel put hole in it ) . So , everyone who witnessed it , pulled over , and went to see how driver was . All not knowing what to expect had discovered with amazement he was in good shape . This was due to the safety belts he used . Thing was how to get him out since he was up in the air and strapped in . So , I noitced the rear window of the truck was smashed out and crawled in it and stood up in the truck ( on its passenger side ) and asked him how he was . He yelled " fine , get me the hell out of here " or something like that . So , I again asked if he thought there might be any broken bones or any other injury and he said " no , just get me out !" ( or similiar to that ) . Therefore I told him to place his feet on the dash for support and reached up over him to unbuckle the seat belt ( not easy when seat is up top of cab on it's side ) and finally got it to to come loose with me holding him and his feet placed on dash for footing so not to fall downward . Then helped him out of the missing rear window on our hands and knees one at a time ( him 1st , common courteousy ) through shattered glass . Not sure how I thought all that out in that nerve racking situation . Thing is , he never thanked me . I think he may have had a few by the way he acted . Luckily no one else was included . Not something you easily forget .

Last edited by gid; 01-20-2009 at 12:06 PM.
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #9
SailDesign

Drives: .
Glad to hear you're in good shape, Bob - and the car! Never nice to watch destruction coming up from behind - even if it misses....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Whew! Glad you're ok- now go out and play the lottery!
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #11
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Sad part I was not watching...... The noise is what attracted my attention....... I was focused on the flagger

I am happy the guy who stopped behind me left enough room and was not on my bumper.

Now today I get to drive right back to the same exact area...... I will probably be even more aware.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
i got nailed at the end of August and still feel it.

Signature anyone? Just joking, just joking.

On another note, I'm glad you and the Yaris survived. I saw a colossal accident today, I was shacking for 5min after it.
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote