Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
BT91

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Looking to paint Interior panels

Hi everyone. I was planning on painting some interior panels in my yaris sedan. I have seen many threads on finished products and how to do the painting but i have yet to stumble upon a thread that explains how to remove the panels. I was just wondering if some one had pictures or a video explaining how to do this. I am mainly looking to paint the center console and side trim pieces around the pod panel. Might also do the instrusment panel not 100% sure about that one though. I have found a youtube video but the picture quality was crap and no auido, it seemed that he just ripped the panels off. This doesnt seem correct to me, cus I would probably end up breaking the mounting tabs. Any pointers pictures or videos would be greatly appreciated.

Also some sugguestions of colour and what paints to use would be great. My sedan is Pacific Blue Metallic. So any good contrasts would be good. Not looking to have same colour matched pannels.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
No, seriously, that's how you disassemble them. You rip them off. Gently. Start with the black long ones, at the bottom, work your way up, and then the rest becomes apparent.

Check the audio sub-forums, there are detailed descriptions.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
On the sedan door panels its pretty simple. There is one black screw that is located at the door handle removed that with a phillips screwdriver, the window switch assembly has one screw and it literally just pops out. By the mirror remove the black triangle piece and you will see a black plastic clip. Once you remove that grab the door firmly at the bottom and pull and the entire door will come off.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
If you want to look at the manual, head over to MicroImageOnline.com and you can view where all the tabs and few screws are. But you basically gently rip them off, there are very few screws.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
BT91

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
If you want to look at the manual, head over to MicroImageOnline.com and you can view where all the tabs and few screws are. But you basically gently rip them off, there are very few screws.
Where exactly is this manual located on micro image? Just been browesing and i cant find or maybe im looking in the wrong place.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Isn't the center console and the instrumental panel the same? Or are you talking about the door panels? Anyways, here's a link for a video - it's not great quality, but that is how you do it.

Link.

To prep the panels, here is a written little summary.
Written Summary

If you're referring to the door panels, here. It's a guide through photos how to remove the doors and window crank.

As to the recommendation on what color, honestly, go with one of your favorites. I found an awesome metallic blue that I used to spray paint mine, along with my cylinder head. The color of my car, however, is meteorite blue. Browse through the link I gave you to help you get ideas.. =]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT91 View Post
Hi everyone. I was planning on painting some interior panels in my yaris sedan. I have seen many threads on finished products and how to do the painting but i have yet to stumble upon a thread that explains how to remove the panels. I was just wondering if some one had pictures or a video explaining how to do this. I am mainly looking to paint the center console and side trim pieces around the pod panel. Might also do the instrusment panel not 100% sure about that one though. I have found a youtube video but the picture quality was crap and no auido, it seemed that he just ripped the panels off. This doesnt seem correct to me, cus I would probably end up breaking the mounting tabs. Any pointers pictures or videos would be greatly appreciated.

Also some sugguestions of colour and what paints to use would be great. My sedan is Pacific Blue Metallic. So any good contrasts would be good. Not looking to have same colour matched pannels.

Thanks

Last edited by MyzticZ3r0; 04-25-2013 at 05:38 AM.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
BT91

So I got the panels all out. The only thing that took a few trys was removing the knobs from the panel it self, but no broken tabs so im happy. Got them all sanded and primed. I bought a few different colours cus I wasn't sure what exact colour I wanted. So I shot it with some red semi gloss. Gonna test fit it in before I finish them to see if I like it, if not going to white or flat balck. Wasnt sure how the red would go with the car being bayou blue. I'll get a pic pic up tommorrow when I check it out. Thanks for all the info guys, you have been quite helpful.

Tags
center console, customize, paint, panel removal