Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
kcty

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Won't start, but turning over

My son and I both have Yaris's. Mine has 265,000 miles on it and his has about 150,000 miles on it, so I use mine as a gauge for issues that he might have. However, this time, he has an issue I've not had with mine.

He called the other day, telling me it wouldn't start. So I went out and checked it out. Sure enough... it turns over fine, but won't fire up. I was able to get it to catch some fire just a tiny bit (about a second) one time, but not enough to get it started. Now it just turns over without any fire whatsoever. I pulled a coil and checked for spark. It does have spark. I can't imagine it having a compression issue, so that pretty much leaves fuel. Has anyone else had any issues with the fuel pump, relay, etc? I didn't have long to troubleshoot it, as I was about to leave town (still out of town). I want to test it with ether, but haven't been able to do it just yet.

Anyone have any thoughts?