Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
ntokozo

Drives: 2007, toyota yaris 1.0
changing cv joints and speedometer and brake light off

Hi all
please help. I just sent my 2007 yaris 1.0 to change the cv joints. it came back with speedometer off and not counting and brake lights and ABS lights on. the steering is heavy and the car is not comfortable as before. what could be the problem here. please help.
ntokozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Sounds like they either replace the axle with one which lacks the ABS ring or broke the ABS sensor on the hub while replacing it.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
ntokozo

Hi

thanks. and yes the CVs they sold me do not have abs sensor rings. however the old ones also do not show signs that they had the sensor rings. they might have had,i do not know. maybe the mechanic broke them but the he said there were no rings. now it raises the question how was the speedometer working then? would you please confirm if all yaris have the sensor rings on the CV as I understand that some cars have the sensor rings in wheel bearing. where exactly is one for yaris?

thanks again
Old 09-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
ntokozo

please reply team. your urgent reply will be appreciated
Old 09-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Actually it looks like the Yaris does not have the ring, like earlier Toyotas with ABS did. It looks like the rotor for the wheel speed sensor is integrated into the hub. I would definitely check the sensor and its wiring for damage to start with.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
ntokozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Actually it looks like the Yaris does not have the ring, like earlier Toyotas with ABS did. It looks like the rotor for the wheel speed sensor is integrated into the hub. I would definitely check the sensor and its wiring for damage to start with.

thanks Scott. I agree with you. yesterday I checked another yaris. I could not locate the rings. they must be intergrated into the hub.

Thanks a lot. now I have to check the sensor itself. would it mean I might have to change the bearings? usually the rotor is on the bearing than the hub.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntokozo View Post
thanks Scott. I agree with you. yesterday I checked another yaris. I could not locate the rings. they must be intergrated into the hub.

Thanks a lot. now I have to check the sensor itself. would it mean I might have to change the bearings? usually the rotor is on the bearing than the hub.
Correct - They are part of the bearing assembly. By the way, check out this post for information on how to read the ABS error codes:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&postcount=262