Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
Well Daimler Chrysler is German American or American German. It was the merger of an American company and German so its both as Chrysler infused American and German engineering in its cars mostly with the Chrysler part but I don't know how much content is in the Dodge division that is German per say.

Of course now Diamler has sold off Chrysler so now its just good ol' American. Of course with today's global market its hard to tell what is "import," and what is "domestic" as parts or platforms or whatever is interchanged. Sorry to get off topic.
at the time the SRT-4 was being made Diamler-Chrysler AG was a German company....
Hell, there are more Toyota Camery's or Honda Civic's made in the US than there are Ford F-150's
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I was actually considering who makes the engine. Mitsubishi, no? I was under the impression that, at least once upon a time, the Neon and the Lancer were kin.

~YR
Mitsu and Mopar are kin.... they share parts up untill 07, that I know of.... mitsu built 1/2 of the 01-07 Stratus/Sebring's.... and the parts are not compatable with the DC built ones.... found that out real fast while working at the Chrysler dealership
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
at the time the SRT-4 was being made Diamler-Chrysler AG was a German company....
Hell, there are more Toyota Camery's or Honda Civic's made in the US than there are Ford F-150's
But from Japanese parts. right?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #22
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Mitsu and Mopar are kin.... they share parts up untill 07, that I know of.... mitsu built 1/2 of the 01-07 Stratus/Sebring's.... and the parts are not compatable with the DC built ones.... found that out real fast while working at the Chrysler dealership
Crap, THAT must be a nightmare and a half to deal with!

~YR
Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #23
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I do find that the people on YW for the most part are super nice, level headed people with a well rounded discussion base.

I just don't get the cars getting insane HP and Torque. You can't drive it like a normal car on the road and cops just love to see you coming. I guess at the drag strip you can have fun, but all the rest of the time you must bridal the ponies. I guess they like them loud so people will check them out.

I think it makes more sense to have a turbocharged Yaris. Costs a lot less and it's a sleeper that cops wont notice unless you are beating a muscle car or something.

To me that seems to be a lot more fun. More bang for the buck, and you can drive it daily and have a blast the whole time.

I know a guy with a Z06 Corvette. Has all that performance, but never romps down on it because he'll get a ticket. WTF?!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote