Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
toystory

Drives: 06 toyota yaris
Question Electrical Problems PS,A/C,RADIO,SPEEDOMETER,SIGNALS,AIR BAG LIGHT ON, ALTERNATOR

2006 Yaris Vitz 38 km....

About a week ago I used my Yaris and when I turned the car ON, the Power Steering light was ON. The Steering Wheel got really hard to make a turn. A/C wasn't working also, Radio, Signals and Speedometer were not working. Airbag light was also ON. Alternator was not charging when that happened. Yaris did turn ON and I drove it home that way which was about a 15 minute drive. When I got home and parked, before I turned OFF the car it started working fine again. The next day it did it again, when my wife wen't out and it worked fine until she turned it OFF, when she turned it back on, it did everything again so my wife turned it OFF right away and back ON and it was normal again, so she came home. The third time it did the same thing again, it cut off what I mentioned earlier. I took the Alternator OFF, took it to a place to be checked and they told me the Alternator was working fine and the Regulator! I installed the Alternator in the Yaris and it turned on fine so I haven't used the Yaris until I find out what's going on with the Electrical Problem it has.
Please, if anyone has had this similar problem or knows what the problem might be help me out, I don't have a Warranty or Guarantee from a dealer because I bought the car on the street! Thank You.
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote