Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-24-2020, 05:24 AM   #1
gag4o

Drives: Prius gen 2
New Cylinder head for sale

Hello guys. Came here to offer a cyl head. Long story short - I have a gen 2 Prius and it has 1NZ-FXE engine with rattle noise so i bough this new cyl head and i missed to see that they offered it to be for 1NZ-FE (without the "X")
From google looks like the Yaris has this engine. That's why i am here.
The head is New TAKE OFF. The company i bough it from took it off from new engine. They have new engines and they separated the long block and sold the head and block separate.
I upload some pictures and hopefully you know how to identify is this is head for the FE engine. The head is not rebuild. It has all toyota markings on the big sprocket and was never fired up looks like.
There is a small damage from shipping and handling on the coolant pipe but it definitely can be reshaped as it is soft pipe
Located in Chicago. Prefer local pick up
Need to sell it and buy the correct head for my prius
Price $300. I can ship for additional $20
Thanks

gag4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
alec801

Drives: aw11, ep91, ncp91
If you were interested in using this head the only parts that differ between this head and the 1nzfxe head will be the camshafts.
You could take this to a mechanic and have them swap the camshafts from your old head if you still have it.
alec801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 AM   #3
gag4o

So normally just the cams are different? I didnt know that is actally true. The prius forums have users really far away from whats knows as carguys so nobody would say.
I may keep it and just change the cams but this is in case nobody wants it.
Does the FE head has solid lifters too? All i can see on the head is 1NZ and 1NZK
Still for sale
Old 06-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
suprf1y

Drives: 05 Echo
The lobes on that cam appear to be roller cam profiles and it looks like there are rocker arms bridging the cam and the valves.

Is the 1NZ not direct acting mechanical buckets?
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Drives: 2010 Ylw 3dr. AT(Blue-Wife's)
WOW I have never seen one that wasn't "Bucket Lifter" that one looks like Hydraulic Lifter and Roller follower...Cams would not interchange.

Repair List:
1 new blower motor, making funny noise. @ 91K (Water pump @ 120K)
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
BIGTAZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Also looking at pics I have stolen from Rock Auto, looks like the Transmission side of the head is a different shape for the cam/valve cover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1NZ-Head.jpg (51.1 KB, 146 views)

Repair List:
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
Old 06-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
gag4o

I dont know anymore :) I didnt know in first place what exactly engine this head is for. I have to check if the prius has that kind of cyl head. This thing sticking out from the head on the transmission side is actually oil squirter. but looks like the yaris has nothing there ..
Any info is appreciated
Old 09-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #8
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

What that head is... a Euro Part

On the 1NZ-FE Facebook site, someone shows that as some sort of JDM euro style...I guess because our oil in the states here is so well refined that its not a necessary item, so we didn't get them.

I am a Ford Guy, and I can tell you for MANY years (69-85~) the export 351W engine had oil squirters on the connecting rod, even tough they were deleted HERE in mid 70's so I do know that this IS really a problem...

Repair List:
Mod List:
Old 02-22-2021, 07:31 PM   #9
Socaljdmchris

Drives: 04 scion xa with jdm 1nzfe typ
This head is from a 1nzfe type '03. When i blew the engine in my 04 scion xA, i decided to just replace it with a jdm....and the place i got it from sent me a type 03. It is mechanically different(clearly) and i am now discovering that some components are interchangable, some that are not can be found here in the u.s.(ignition coils, for one), and others have to be sourced from japan or the middle east(pcv valve). Where i am running into an issue is i need a list of parts with the part numbers so i can even find out where i have to get them from.

That being said, and despite the parts issue, i love the type 03 as it is a better engine than the stock type '99 and '05.
Socaljdmchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:34 PM   #10
Socaljdmchris

Drives: 04 scion xa with jdm 1nzfe typ
And yes, the valve cover is wider and not sttaight edged on the transmission side. It, too, had to be aourced from japan when i discovered that my original one wasnt the same and therefore wouldnt work to replace the already cracked one, like the jdm place had said. I made THEM get the replacement.
Socaljdmchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #11
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Discovered More Info

The "Type 03 Head" has 21° Valve angles vs. 33° and has hydraulic lash adjustment... Per JIS standards the new engine/head made 5HP (JIS Horsepower) than the older solid shim bucket style we continued to get here in the states... (Odd Because in the push rod world, solid lifters ALWAYS make more power) But because they knew they were gonna lose a bit of power they might have put a smidge more duration into the new roller cams... IDK what DOHC valve angle differences make, but in the push rod V8 world LESS is MORE! - (These Engines are so "Under Stressed" from the factory at 1.2HP per cubic inch...I would think with proper tuning (New Cams) that 1.5-1.7HP per CID could be possible if emissions are not a concern.)

Repair List:
Mod List: