Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
Dec24th

Drives: '10 Yaris 3 door HB
Headlight Bulb & Rubber Cover.

Hi,
I needed to replace my headlight bulb. Before doing so, I watched a handful of YouTube videos to familiarize myself with the process. I tackled the passenger side headlight bulb today.

I unplugged the connector very easily.
The rubber cover, however, was really difficult.
I pulled and pulled, it wouldn't budge nor come off as easily as in the videos.
I moved on, to the metal tabs.

Minutes later, I managed to press the tabs to release the bulb. I find out that the bulb and the rubber cover are together, inseparable. It's like the bulb and rubber cover was one.

I replaced the bulb temporarily with a cheap LED. I will get a Halogen one eventually but how am I supposed to install the new one without a rubber cover? Common sense tells me to go to the auto-parts store and order the rubber cover with the bulbs.

My question to the forum is: Is that normal for the Rubber and bulb to be as one? There was no way I was able to get the rubber off the bulb at all.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:05 PM   #2
Dec24th

Drives: '10 Yaris 3 door HB
Cancel the above post. I watched this video, and I just have to pry the rubber cover off.
https://youtu.be/uBYUh-ys92Q?t=302

Tags
9003, headlights, rubber cover