Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #19
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I really like that one with the rays of sun...that was a sweet capture in my opinion.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #20
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
I like this one the best:

landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopi18 View Post
where did you get that spoiler and who makes it? That thing is beautiful, bro. Nice mods on a Sedan! I got one for myself and I'm trying to figure out what to mod it with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopi18 View Post
suggestion: bring your camera lower and a tiny bit closer to the car on that shot on the parking structure with trees in the background. that should make it look a bit sportier and bring out those lids pretty sick.
i got the spoiler in the Thai GB that etimago started a while back. it's OEM Toyota. just the Vios version. heh.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #22
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
i like your effort for the pics, however if i may suggest using a fill-in flash to get rid of those dark spots on your car, most of cameras have this feature, basically the flash fires shortly after you press the shutter button filling in the dark spots so your car stands out better. also try to avoid harsh objects in your pics like that pole in the middle of the parking garage , it kinda disturbs the flow of the picture.
are you talking about the one where i'm actually in the garage? i don't really like that one, but since i was there, i had to have one where i was actually in the garage.

it was pretty bright outside, so i don't think a fill-flash would have had a big affect. it would have tho in the garage. there were a bunch of pics i excluded because it was too dark. it was the first time i used this camera, so i had no clue how to use it. hahaha.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #23
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
I really like that one with the rays of sun...that was a sweet capture in my opinion.
thanks. hahaha, happened by chance.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #24
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrym28 View Post
I like this one the best:

yeah, i like that too, but i couldn't adjust the exposure to fit my car. i want an SLR! hahaha.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

really? even on a very bright day like that? the natural sunlight won't drown out the fill-flash? worth a try. i do it on my next photoshoot, when ever that may be (and when i figure out everything about my friend's digi-cam).
Old 09-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #26
Kaotic Lazagna

i always thought that the sun should be on your back so that the object you're taking a picture of is illuminated?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #27
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
If its right at your back the car's lines and color will be washed out and flat. It will be hard to not overexpose and you'll get more hot spots where the light is basically shining directly off of the paint into the lens. Off to one side or the other will allow you to pick up on the shape/lines and get rid of some of the glare. Fill-flash is especially usefull if the light is behind the subject and/or its a bright day. It won't take much light from the flash to catch and highlight off of the cars paint. Depending on how strong your flash is will dictate how far away you can be and get the desired effect. I would use a tripod as well, even with plenty of light. Depending on how limited your exposure range is, some camera shake, indescernable to you, may be effecting clarity/sharpness.
Best of luck, and nice car.
blueskana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #28
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskana View Post
If its right at your back the car's lines and color will be washed out and flat. It will be hard to not overexpose and you'll get more hot spots where the light is basically shining directly off of the paint into the lens. Off to one side or the other will allow you to pick up on the shape/lines and get rid of some of the glare. Fill-flash is especially usefull if the light is behind the subject and/or its a bright day. It won't take much light from the flash to catch and highlight off of the cars paint. Depending on how strong your flash is will dictate how far away you can be and get the desired effect. I would use a tripod as well, even with plenty of light. Depending on how limited your exposure range is, some camera shake, indescernable to you, may be effecting clarity/sharpness.
Best of luck, and nice car.
hahaha, i only have a table top tripod. so that's why i switched from using that to just holding it. yeah, it's impossible to have a clear cut shot when you're holding the camera. hmmm, i think i'll play around with the location of the sun on my next photoshoot. thanks for the pointers and comments.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #29
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
thats a great explantion blueskana gave you, if the sun is behind you then there is no need for fill in flash.also what you could try put a polarizing filter on your lens and you will be surprised at the awsome effects.if you dont have a filter use your sunglasses in front of the lens
hahaha, the lens on my friend's camera is not a telescopic lens. the filter must be a stick on and pretty small in diameter. hahaha. but yeah, i played around with photo/lens filters when i had photo class back in the day.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #30
GuySmily

Drives: 2005 Toyota MR2
Dude, next time you go, text/call me (I think I PM'd you my number before). I wanna practice shooting, and you can play with my SLR/tripod ;p I especially wanna try taking night shots.

I see you got the spoiler installed. It really looks awesome.
GuySmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #31
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuySmily View Post
Dude, next time you go, text/call me (I think I PM'd you my number before). I wanna practice shooting, and you can play with my SLR/tripod ;p I especially wanna try taking night shots.

I see you got the spoiler installed. It really looks awesome.
heh, i don't think i have your number. can you PM me it? next time i go to a photoshoot, i'll hit you up. thanks for the comment. how is your HID retrofit going?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #32
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
PK198105: Polarized sunglasses in front of the lens cause you forgot your's = classic. I laughed my ass off when I read that.... I've definatly had to do that before... heh, heh, heh...
Prost!
blueskana is offline   Reply With Quote