Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-door w/5-speed!
Question Where are the 2012's already?

Thus far, I have only seen two '12 Yarii(?) in the flesh. Both were magnetic grey metallic.

I want to at least see the new colors so I can make my decision before I start getting the dealers to fight over my sale.

But this process of salesman gladiatorial combat cannot commence without the arrival of said 2012 Yarii. So, am I alone in the great state of Texas in not seeing these little cars show up in any reasonable numbers yet?

Does anyone know when they will start arriving in force? The CS rep on Toyota's CS phone line knows nothing about when the cars will start really hitting the lots.

Does anyone know anything? There are only two 2012's within 100 miles of me. Sound off about if you have these cars in your state, or, if you are just as frustrated as I am.
CanIHazYarisHatch? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Talk to a dealer. The one that I popped into last week was able to pull up their delivery schedule to let me know when they would be getting some of the other colors and packages.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
Ive seen 4 in person so far all in dealer lots, classic silver(SE), absolutely red(LE), white(LE), and dark grey metallic(LE).
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
while cars.com is not always dead accurate, it is usually pretty close. it's a good way to search a large area for inventory.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Talk to a dealer. The one that I popped into last week was able to pull up their delivery schedule to let me know when they would be getting some of the other colors and packages.
I have talked to three dealers, they can't even tie their shoe laces correctly. They just give me this stupid look when i ask them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
while cars.com is not always dead accurate, it is usually pretty close. it's a good way to search a large area for inventory.
I will look at this right now and see when more '12 Yarii are arriving, thank you Roxy.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
KentSzabo

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris L, 5 speed
The vehicle carrier NOCC Caspian, was docked at the Toyota Logistics Service dock at Pier B in Long Beach, and the vehicles were being unloaded on October 21, 2011, at around 6:00 PM West Coast time. The ship has a capacity of about 12,000 cars and had already made stops in Vancouver, BC and Portland, OR and offloaded cars at both ports. They offloaded the majority of the cars at this port, and they began their movement East.
Mine arrived at the dealer in Lakewood, Colorado, on November 7, I took delivery on November 10, 2011. So depending on how far you are from the West coast will determine when your dealer will get them on his lot.

Last edited by KentSzabo; 11-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.
KentSzabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
keiri
Owns Toyotas

Drives: 1999 Toyota Celica GT
North Carolina has a pretty decent amount around; my local dealer has 3 on the lot and each of the immediate area dealers (within a 100 mile radius) have at least the same amount on their lots.

The best looking one I've seen in the flesh was an LE in Lagoon Blue Mica and it was stunning. Can't wait to see more SEs in the area though.
keiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #8
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentSzabo View Post
The vehicle carrier NOCC Caspian, was docked at the Toyota Logistics Service dock at Pier B in Long Beach, and the vehicles were being unloaded on October 21, 2011, at around 6:00 PM West Coast time. The ship has a capacity of about 12,000 cars and had already made stops in Vancouver, BC and Portland, OR and offloaded cars at both ports. They offloaded the majority of the cars at this port, and they began their movement East.
Mine arrived at the dealer in Lakewood, Colorado, on November 7, I took delivery on November 10, 2011. So depending on how far you are from the West coast will determine when your dealer will get them on his lot.
Kent, you know your stuff man. I remember reading that production in Japan started in August, so I was wondering what the holdup was. I'm just impatient, that's all. My time (and car) will come. There is no shortage on a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiri View Post
North Carolina has a pretty decent amount around; my local dealer has 3 on the lot and each of the immediate area dealers (within a 100 mile radius) have at least the same amount on their lots.

The best looking one I've seen in the flesh was an LE in Lagoon Blue Mica and it was stunning. Can't wait to see more SEs in the area though.
That color is in the running for finalist. I just need to see it in person and compare it with magnetic grey metallic (seen it already, very sharp), and blazing blue pearl (haven't spied one yet). All the '12's I have seen have been in the magnetic grey metallic.

I can't wait to start seeing these babies in the wild, hunting high MPGs on the streets...
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
CryptFiend

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE, 2009 Corolla LS
I placed an order for a '12 SE (in blue lagoon mica) November 10th, and still waiting on shipment in Northern Ontario... Dealer says they gave him a 7-10 day ETA... fingers crossed it will show up by the end of the week!!
CryptFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
keiri
Owns Toyotas

Drives: 1999 Toyota Celica GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
I placed an order for a '12 SE (in blue lagoon mica) November 10th, and still waiting on shipment in Northern Ontario... Dealer says they gave him a 7-10 day ETA... fingers crossed it will show up by the end of the week!!
Please do me the kindness of taking pictures when you get it. Thank you!
keiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #11
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiri View Post
Please do me the kindness of taking pictures when you get it. Thank you!
What Keiri said. We love picturesssssssssss.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
Sam8madness

Drives: 2007 Toyota yaris hatch
there were a couple at our local dealer, they look really nice. Prefer the older interior set up though.
Sam8madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
CryptFiend

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE, 2009 Corolla LS
Thumbs up

Absolutely, still waiting on it to come in... dealer said it should be in mon/tuesday latest... I'll definitely share some pictures.
CryptFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
Absolutely, still waiting on it to come in... dealer said it should be in mon/tuesday latest... I'll definitely share some pictures.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
10 Francis

Drives: 2010 Yaris S HB
where in Texas are you? I've seen four or five on our lot here in Plano. no interesting colors yet, just black, grey, and white, but a couple of SEs.
10 Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Francis View Post
where in Texas are you? I've seen four or five on our lot here in Plano. no interesting colors yet, just black, grey, and white, but a couple of SEs.
Austin: the land of Fruits and Nuts.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
Test drove a L auto today, Overall way nicer then an ECHO! Odd stuff: no seat belt height adjuster, tilt wheel doesn't go as high, my legs were nearly hitting the bottom with it all the way up. Seat feels a tad to high. And mirrors have to be adjusted outside. I'm 6' tall 190lbs for reference. And this dealer would not deal on price. Only 200 off msrp.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
now i know why people hate car dealers