Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #19
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
+2

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #20
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I'd happily create a Yaris World Facebook group. Since the admins are not really present I'm guessing no one would be upset?
Hopefully we don't have to get to that stage, but that's a generous offer.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 11-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #21
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
I wasn't talking about shutting down the forum, just creating a group for anyone who wanted to post on there as well. It looks like there is actually a Facebook Group called "Yaris World" lol
Old 11-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #22
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I wasn't talking about shutting down the forum, just creating a group for anyone who wanted to post on there as well. It looks like there is actually a Facebook Group called "Yaris World" lol
Oh no, I didn't think that. I'd definitely post on the FB page if you created one. Thanks

Old 11-13-2019, 07:28 AM   #23
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
+2
Same here

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #24
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
This is the site from which any email messages generated by YarisWorld originate.

golfmkv.com
Old 11-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #25
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Although I'm relatively new to this site, since I've only really had my Yaris for a year and I only started to enjoy driving HER when I got back from my deployment in June, I would not want this site to go, yet... I'm still picking up great ideas from all of you. From bolt on engine swap, big front rotor upgrade, rear rotor swap, JDM tail light wiring, retrofitting a projector headlights, front lip add on from another car, wheels that would look great, JDM front grill that I didn't know existed, turbo kit for the original engine, super charger for the original engine, turbo charging after you engine swap, 6 speed transmission, cracking ecu for more HP raise RPM make more use of higher octane fuel etc, raising the car for snow use, Japanese AWD version that I didn't know existed, etc. etc. etc. and many many more... I wish that this site still has more years to come...

Last edited by Neinris; 11-19-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #26
Jeanseb29

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 2011 (HB)
We need to find a way to back up all the information on this site. I tried a couple of months ago with an application that was supposed to be able to download entire website. I was able to download 4 - 5 Gb of data but its mostly dead links and missing posts.
I wanted to do the same with a Quebec/Canada french forum named "Club Echo-Yaris Quebec" before they went dark in August... So much good info all lost. :(
Jeanseb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #27
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Yeah. I really don't want to end up on Facebook. It's lame. Tragedy that forums seem to be dying these days.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #28
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I go back to having a MySpace page and was around for the beginning of Facebook, but didn't create an account until just a couple weeks ago.

Call of Duty Mobile came out and you need a Facebook account to backup progress. Fearing something happening to my phone and losing all my game progress, I caved and created a shell Facebook account. No pic, no friends, nothing. Just a place for my game progress to save to lol.

I enjoy Twitter, Instagram and have a Wheelwell garage, but I wasn't interested in Facebook after having done the MySpace thing. Those old enough might remember Friendster before MySpace.

For us car people, I do recommend checking out Wheelwell.com. You get a virtual garage to add your vehicle and mods to. Each mod gets a score, so your car ends up with an overall mod score. You can browse other owners' garages to see how you stack up, what mods they have installed, read part reviews, etc. Because of the lack of Yaris friends there, I'm currently sitting in the number #1 spot as top Yaris. Feels fraudulent because I know if some of you were there, you'd blow my mod score away.

It's not intended to replace forums but be more of a supplement. It's been growing slowly over the last few years and I've found it to be a chill place to connect with other car folks. A car focused place that isn't Facebook.

To keep the lights on, they sell performance parts. To help grow the user base, they've been giving parts away for free to new members. If you create an account, add a vehicle and add some parts from the store to your 'wishlist', there's a solid chance the Wishlist Fairy will send you one of the parts for free. As a Team Wheelwell member, I can also help friends and fam out with a little discount.

If anyone moseys on over there and creates a garage, hit me with your link so we can connect.

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 11-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #29
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I go back to having a MySpace page and was around for the beginning of Facebook, but didn't create an account until just a couple weeks ago.

Call of Duty Mobile came out and you need a Facebook account to backup progress. Fearing something happening to my phone and losing all my game progress, I caved and created a shell Facebook account. No pic, no friends, nothing. Just a place for my game progress to save to lol.

I enjoy Twitter, Instagram and have a Wheelwell garage, but I wasn't interested in Facebook after having done the MySpace thing. Those old enough might remember Friendster before MySpace.

For us car people, I do recommend checking out Wheelwell.com. You get a virtual garage to add your vehicle and mods to. Each mod gets a score, so your car ends up with an overall mod score. You can browse other owners' garages to see how you stack up, what mods they have installed, read part reviews, etc. Because of the lack of Yaris friends there, I'm currently sitting in the number #1 spot as top Yaris. Feels fraudulent because I know if some of you were there, you'd blow my mod score away.

It's not intended to replace forums but be more of a supplement. It's been growing slowly over the last few years and I've found it to be a chill place to connect with other car folks. A car focused place that isn't Facebook.

To keep the lights on, they sell performance parts. To help grow the user base, they've been giving parts away for free to new members. If you create an account, add a vehicle and add some parts from the store to your 'wishlist', there's a solid chance the Wishlist Fairy will send you one of the parts for free. As a Team Wheelwell member, I can also help friends and fam out with a little discount.

If anyone moseys on over there and creates a garage, hit me with your link so we can connect.
Splendid! I plan to head over and check that out soon. Thanks for that, ern-diz! Awesome!

Old 11-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #30
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Splendid! I plan to head over and check that out soon. Thanks for that, ern-diz! Awesome!
My pleasure!

On Wheelwell
Old 12-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #31
ern-diz

Did y'all hit the forum recently while it was down and giving a database error?

For a second I thought we manifested it LOL! Either that, or YarisBueller happened across this thread and had a change of heart about keeping this vampire going

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 12-23-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Type-o's