Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
audiomason

Drives: 2009 Yaris 2dr liftback man.
Seeking cell phone holder recommendations

Do you really like your cell phone holder? I'm trying to find a good one for my '09 2-door liftback, but there are too many options. Give me some recommendations for mounts that have actually been installed in a Yaris!
audiomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
I have a Proclip mount. Very pleased with it, holds securely. They are expensive but are custom made for each vehicle. I wasted enough money on clip on, stick on, suction cup, etc. mounts that didn't really work 100%. The Proclip does.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:47 AM   #3
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I'm interested in getting a cell phone holder, as well. NYC-SE, looks like the Proclip is around $30. Where abouts do you clip it on? I've never had a cell phone holder, and am tired of fumbling for my phone while driving. Now that I am driving a manual Yaris, it's really getting too tricky for me and I need something to securely hold my cell phone while I'm driving. Thanks.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
NYC-SE

The Proclip installs between the seams of the dash and/or interior panels. It only fits in one spot and that spot is different for each particular car model. If you search the Proclip website for your model and year there should be a picture showing it installed. In the 3rd gen model it installs to the right of the steering wheel by the AC vents. I do not know where it installs on the 2nd gen model.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:11 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm using a magnetic mount that clips to the AC vents, it's quite secure, and I find the magnetic approach must more practical than cradles and other clips. Unfortunately, it does mean I lose the ability to wirelessly charge the phone, but I never use that anyway...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #6
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I went with the XDesign air vent cell phone holder. It was only $5.99 on Amazon, so why not. If I end up hating it, it's only six bucks. But I like it so far, I must admit. Whether it'll hold my cell phone securely in all conditions, time will tell. It comes with a one year warranty, and seems fairly well put together for what it costs.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #7
NYC-SE

I had the same design, different name but same design. In fact I still have it. I have it attached to the ball mount on the Proclip. The problem with the xDesign design is the vent clip. It loosens up over time and can fall off over bumpy roads. The cradle that holds the phone is great though.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
castles

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Ah, the search for the perfect mount, seems never ending. I did finally find one I'm fairly happy with. The mount itself is awesome. However there is a bit of vibration when driving because of the thin plastic vent. I don't have to worry about the clamp coming loose or the phone falling out at all. The failure would be the vent breaking. My phone isn't heavy, an original Google Pixel, so I don't really worry about that either.

Using the passenger side vent keeps my instrument panel in clear view. Finally, even though my volume down button is nearly right under the clamp, it is designed in a way to avoid pressing on it.

https://www.amazon.com/TORRAS-Reacti...ct_top?ie=UTF8

castles is offline   Reply With Quote