Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
jhonz1981

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2016
Steering gear of an EPS system

Good day yarisworld!
Would just like to ask/confirm from you guys, is it true that the steering gear of an electric power steering system can be lubricated? I'm sorry I do not have enough car repair knowledge. I went to Toyota dealership 4 weeks ago complaining about the noise had it when I about to (approx. 1/4 from the center) turn the steering wheel (mostly audible) to the left at low speed. First diagnose was the spiral cable and then steering column but the noise was still there when they tested. After then, the service advisor came to me and said that they lubricated the steering gear and now the noise is gone. They said to just observe if the noise will come back. Luckily I haven't heard the noise until now.

Thanks in advance.
jhonz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 05:41 PM   #2
cederasd
I've made a post!

Drives: BMW
Hi all! I am planning to open my car service center and would like to hear some tips on improving the quality of service.
cederasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 05:43 PM   #3
loikol

Drives: BMW
Don't worry. You can lubricate the electric power unit and the hydraulic power unit to eliminate squeaky noise and extend the service life. You should use Litol, a universal grease for all mechanisms for this purpose. In answer to the question about the new car service, I can say that you should pay attention to CRM. It is software that will allow you to serve your customers much faster and better. The CRM also allows you to control all the operations in your car service. You can read more information about it on the Internet. I wish you good luck!
loikol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eps, gear, noise, power steering, steering gear