Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Thanks! I love Mighty Car Mods. I did a bit of reading since my last post. I can definitely see why you'd be attracted to E85.

So, right now I'm running 93 octane and I'm getting intake temps around 60 - 80F and running about 14.5 AFR up to 3 - 4 pounds boost (ECU in closed loop). I only get AFR enrichment if I go pretty close to WOT. This is a drawback of the FIC. Do you think I'm ok at those temps? I do worry a bit due to the relatively high static compression of the engine, 10:1, I think. I know there are many variables and it would be difficult to really know for sure.

Turbokits.com apparently had mixed results with the 02 spoofing, tricking the computer into targeting a richer AFR during closed loop operations. I haven't started experimenting with this but may in the near future. I really should have listened to the first tuner who I spoke with and who definitely recommended standalone management.
Oof, I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to answer you there... From what I gather, with premium fuel and not such a huge amount of boost, you should be OK... You have the advantage of not living in the hot, humid tropics too :D Does your engine have a knock sensor? If so, there should already be some mitigation built-in.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Oof, I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to answer you there... From what I gather, with premium fuel and not such a huge amount of boost, you should be OK... You have the advantage of not living in the hot, humid tropics too :D Does your engine have a knock sensor? If so, there should already be some mitigation built-in.
Yes, there are many variables to consider and every car, and every engine is different. I'm pretty sure I'm safe with 93 octane, low boost and cool charge temps. I rarely have to enter boost under normal driving conditions. I can easily sail up a long highway hill at 130 - 140km/h while still in vacuum. When I want full boost (which is now 6 - 6.5 after adjusting the wastegate eariler today) I go WOT and my mixtures are good and rich. My car does have a knock sensor, as far as I know.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote