Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
New bumper..!

To cut a long story short, I had to have the rear bumper of my Yaris replaced last weekend just gone. Thanks to a supplier mix up, instead of getting a pre-painted after market panel, my panel beater had to order in a Toyota one, spray the bumper on Friday night and fit it on the Saturday morning for me. He told me to be careful with it for the next couple of days, just until the paint cures and sets properly which is fair enough. It's getting pretty cold here coming into Winter but we are getting a fair bit of sun and I've left her parked outside during the day to try and speed up the process.

I'm just wondering how long I should wait before waxing the panel for the first time? I'm not too keen on potentially ruining his hard work!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
To cut a long story short, I had to have the rear bumper of my Yaris replaced last weekend just gone. Thanks to a supplier mix up, instead of getting a pre-painted after market panel, my panel beater had to order in a Toyota one, spray the bumper on Friday night and fit it on the Saturday morning for me. He told me to be careful with it for the next couple of days, just until the paint cures and sets properly which is fair enough. It's getting pretty cold here coming into Winter but we are getting a fair bit of sun and I've left her parked outside during the day to try and speed up the process.

I'm just wondering how long I should wait before waxing the panel for the first time? I'm not too keen on potentially ruining his hard work!
wait for about three weeks to a month, then it should be fine, but i would rather go back to the panlebeater for the 1st polish, that what my panelbeater do for his customers
Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazier View Post
wait for about three weeks to a month, then it should be fine, but i would rather go back to the panlebeater for the 1st polish, that what my panelbeater do for his customers
Yeah I would love to do that, ideally, but he's a 4.5-6 hour drive away dependent on whether I see him at his shed or home .. And still has lot after lot of hail damaged cars to repair from recent storms, so he's a busy man!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote