Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Believe it or not, I was GETTING *real* happy with my Yaris (having a hard time getting over my former love, the Suzuki Swift)...

Until I read about the Aygo on here... : (

Now I wish I'd waited till this SMALLER car came out (Yaris is so tall!!!)...

Wonder what I can get for a trade-in in a couple of years???
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Believe it or not, I was GETTING *real* happy with my Yaris (having a hard time getting over my former love, the Suzuki Swift)...

Until I read about the Aygo on here... : (

Now I wish I'd waited till this SMALLER car came out (Yaris is so tall!!!)...

Wonder what I can get for a trade-in in a couple of years???
Where did you read about the Aygo coming to the US, do you have a link, just curious.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Where did you read about the Aygo coming to the US, do you have a link, just curious.

In this forum, somewhere; will try to find it. I think in the "buy new or wait till 2010" thread. By converting from metric to US, I've discerned that it's more than a foot shorter (in length), but am having trouble with the mileage claculations; sure 10 mpg isn't right, but it couldn't be 100... COULD IT??? Anyone have more info on Aygo?

Last edited by otterhere; 01-30-2009 at 11:54 AM.
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
gaffo

Drives: integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
In this forum, somewhere; will try to find it. I think in the "buy new or wait till 2010" thread. By converting from metric to US, I've discerned that it's more than a foot shorter (in length), but am having trouble with the mileage claculations; sure 10 mpg isn't right, but it couldn't be 100... COULD IT??? Anyone have more info on Aygo?
Aygo is not comming. there was talk about offer the IQ but with gas so cheap I have my doubts that we will even see it.

I've wanted a micrcoar since the days of the MG midget, but Americans are so safety phobic and fat today no car maker has the balls to offer a truely small are here in the States. ;-(. Yaris was the smallest car I could buy and it is bigger than I like my cars.

Even Ford is pussing out of offering their new KA (what a sweet car too) now, and Fiat 500 if it ever come here will be a boutique offering and cost as much as the mini I'm sure ;-(.

Fiat 500 (both the old one - which I saw here in town!! last week - and the new one) is a sweet looking vehicle.
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote