Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
360 Live Forza 2

Okay, so I'm borrowing my friend's 360 instead of him putting it in a storage while they're moving. I have a Forza 2 file saved, but he said that I have to use his username to sign into Live. Does that mean I can't use my file, but I have to use his (I'm further in the game than he is [he plays more of his FPS games]). Also, not owning a 360, how do I get to Live? hahaha, TIA.

Last edited by Kaotic Lazagna; 07-09-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Um.... You can sign on, but you probably don't have the gold membership. Microsoft has two levels, the free (silver) and the pay for play membership (gold). If you don't have gold, silver still allows you to be online for updates and such. So yes, playing as yourself you can do it, but I'm going to assume your friend has the Gold membership and that is the reason why he is telling you to use his account if you want to play other people online.

If you have gold...well, you can just retrieve your screen name to his HD or pop in your hd into his machine. Hd= Hardrive.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

He has the Gold one. But I've never owned my own 360. The only time I've ever played 360 games was on his. lol. Yeah, don't ask how I got further than he did on F2. hahahahaha. Dang, I wanted to use my own cars instead of his. I guess I can complete more of the game using his username. Ahhh....but I have so much more cars than he does.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Though there are some Achievements meant for online play, it's totally fine for you to stay off line. Try the online action if you like it, use his account, if you find that you don't care too much for the online, switch to your game and continue as you did before.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
XBox Live does offer a 30 day gold trial for those wanting to make a name if they don't want to pay right off the bat. The only thing is that you will loose all game progress and have to start the game from the beginning.

You might want to be nearly 100% complete with the game as when you go online, most people will or will have been completed with the game meaning they have all the fast cars.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

If anyone would like to race, add my friend's ID: engineergt. You'll be racing me, not him. hahaha. Also, seeing how I'm using his ID, I would like to race with stock cars only.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Jeemee
XBL: Jeemee Ghost

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Since you said you have gotten further in the game than he has, you prolly have your own profile. You can sign up to XBL using that profile and get the free 30 day gold. Well, anyways, feel free to add me "Jeemee Ghost" I'll send ya a request tomorrow or something.

Nitto Axle-Back--Tanabe DF210s--UR 23mm Rear Sway Bar--Penguin Garage 10mm Hub Spacers
Jeemee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeemee View Post
Since you said you have gotten further in the game than he has, you prolly have your own profile. You can sign up to XBL using that profile and get the free 30 day gold. Well, anyways, feel free to add me "Jeemee Ghost" I'll send ya a request tomorrow or something.
It's okay, I'll just use his account. hehehe. But just in case I change my mind, how do I sign up using my profile?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
if you sign your gamer tag up for the free 30 days and gonna have the box longer but don't wanna pay you can do "gift" your cars you wanna race online to his account. that way you get your cars and not have to actually have to pay for your live subscription
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90tsi View Post
if you sign your gamer tag up for the free 30 days and gonna have the box longer but don't wanna pay you can do "gift" your cars you wanna race online to his account. that way you get your cars and not have to actually have to pay for your live subscription
How do I gift my cars, if both profiles are on the same 360? I wouldn't mind gifting all my cars over. hahahaha.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

I'll be on later tonight. How do I check "new friends" and what not (i.e. race online)? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I know nothing when it comes to the 360. LMAO.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #12
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
I think my gamertag is... KioshYkhmi....

But I'm not really far into the game...i have all of Endurance races to do (hella long)...still tuning #12 Calsonic Skyline....cant find the right setup for it yet~~

If you want to race w/ your modded cars Laz, I'll bring out my MINEs R34 Skyline :)
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #13
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I think my gamertag is... KioshYkhmi....

But I'm not really far into the game...i have all of Endurance races to do (hella long)...still tuning #12 Calsonic Skyline....cant find the right setup for it yet~~

If you want to race w/ your modded cars Laz, I'll bring out my MINEs R34 Skyline :)
Go ahead and add engineergt. It's a no-go tonight. We're leaving MUCH earlier than I thought (in 6 hours) to go camping.

LOL. I don't really have any modded cars, since I finish the career races with mostly stock cars. hahahaha. I take a look at my friends garage to see what can match the MINE's R34. I'll sign on to my profile to see the specs on it (since I have it, but my friend does not) when I get back from camping on Sunday.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

Online right now.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

Well, the 360 is back with my friend again. So you guys can add him still, but I don't think he'll be playing Forza 2 much. He plays COD series and Gears of War most of the time.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Check here for tags ...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19942

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote